Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I don't plan to tow, but it's one of those "rather have it and not need it" features.
Decided I don't want windows. I can add widows and vents where I want them later.
Pwr heated mirrors, which is a must up here.
Not crazy about the price. I'd feel better at $33k, but it's the average price up here and I've seen them with less options for more $$.
This dealer is only 1.5 hrs away and advertise lifetime drivetrain warranty.
It also has the pass seat armrest. Is that indicative of a 6 way seat? Or just means it has an armrest?
Overall, how do you think this one stacks up?
I did see one about 6 hrs away with sliders on both sides, but it had less features than this one and they wanted $40k.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I missed it.
It is a 6 way pass seat.
Actually the first one I've seen with.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a response and of course that van was sold.
Bare bones van with tow pkg and a 6 way pass seat. Not sure how they are usually set up in other regions, but that was the only one I've seen within 150 mi of me with that specific config. And the price was liveable too for around here.
Oh well. The quest continues.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wrong. The one with the double sliders is only 2hrs away and $35k, not 40.
Problem is, it has the dbl pass seat and that dealer doesn't offer the lifetime drivetrain warranty.
Might take a shot and ask the first dealer if they can acquire that van from the other dealer and swap the seat.
It's worth asking.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stumbled across this. Seems to have close to every option. Price seems pretty good considering.
Do the passenger seats typically sit higher than the driver's?
Can anyone tell if perhaps it's the swivel seat?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Do the passenger seats typically sit higher than the driver's?
Can anyone tell if perhaps it's the swivel seat?
Passenger arm rest tells me 6-way seats.
Seats are the same height, looks like the driver's seat is just tilted back so the top appears lower.
No factory swivels.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Phil.
I'm trying to do all this on my phone and the pics make it hard to make a lot of it out.
I'm actually thinking I wouldn't want a swivel anyway. My wife is only 5' and I'm guessing her feet won't touch the floor as it is. So anything that would make the seat higher would be a negative.
Whataya think about the price for the way that thing is optioned?
They actually have 2 set up exactly the same. A dark gray one and a silver one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just purchased a new 3500 high roof extended with dual sliders for $35,400

Your prices are not too far off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Personally I find it hard to pay a premium for a new vehicle. I bought the newest used van with the lowest mileage with the lowest price.
For a new vehicle all you can do is pit one dealer against another to see who will give you the best price for the options you want.
Ultimately if you think it's a fair price then it's a fair price.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I just purchased a new 3500 high roof extended with dual sliders for $35,400

Your prices are not too far off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which dealer and where?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Around here the 3500 seems to start at $3000 more than the 2500.
I also noticed the average price is less in FLA than up in the NE.
Prices seem to start dropping a bit as I head further out into Ohio from here.
I'm trying to balance what distance is actually worth traveling for a price break.
All factors considered, $35k looks like a "good" price for a fully loaded van in this area. I saw a few for $33k that were bare bones, but I decided the 6 way pass seat is a must have. So, buy the time mess around with having the dealer order a seat, yada yada, it's starting to seem worth it to just pay a little bit more for a van with more options that has the seat.
I considered ordering a 2020, but I don't want to pay that kind of premium and wait that amount of time.
I'm using my truck as a trade-in which still has a year left on warranty and has a $20k trade-in value.
If I wait until next year, my truck will worth much less and the 2019 pickins will be much thinner.
Believe it or not , optioned out vans up here are $40k+ around here. 35 is actually a "discount". Frikkin crazy what they charge for these things. I can get a nice Pacifica for less and it probably takes twice the money and 3 times as long to build one.
But, they know people need cargo vans for work and to make money, so they can charge whatever they want.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats, "is he getting a new van? Which one will he pick? Where will he buy it from? He seems like such an awesome, charming guy,...can't wait till he's a van owner and sharing Vaca and build pic's......"
So, here's where I'm at: the dealer in Ohio that has the dark gray optioned-out HT 159 2500,....on closer inspection, it doesn't have the the shelf above the sun visors. Not exactly a deal breaker, but it is a feature a would like. Anyway, I noticed they had another one that I missed. It's white, no windows, wood floor, sun visor shelf, heated pwr mirrors and driver/pass 6 way seats with both armrests. So, it has everything I want and nothing I don't.....and it's $33k.
Nothing configured like that anywhere in my immediate area. Also, I spoke to them today and they have the lifetime drivetrain warranty.
Of course, my wife likes the dark gray one with the aluminum wheels. Says the white one looks like a work truck. But I think the price and once the inside is done, she will see passed that.
So, my remaining question is this: what is the factory Navigation? Is that just a service that can be enabled, or is it the specific head unit that comes with the van?
The gray one has NAV, the white one doesn't. Not a big deal because I use my phone for GPS, but was curious.
Oh, also, the wood floor- does anyone know what the actual material is?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
...cut...it doesn't have the the shelf above the sun visors. ...cut...
In pictures is does have the shelf above the visor.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In pictures is does have the shelf above the visor.
The dark gray one with the aluminum wheels?
I'll go back and check the pics.
The girl that I talked to said they were on the storage lot next door and she would check and get back to me.
That was a few hrs ago and they just closed 20 min ago.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Kinda looks like the gray one only has visors and no shelf
Sorry, the white one has the shelf, I got to get some new eye balls.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, the white one has the shelf, I got to get some new eye balls.
I was about to ask who's side your on?
Trying to talk my wife into the cheaper "ugly work van" to save some money and you're throwin a wrench in!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All kidding aside I appreciate the back&forth and any input. I don't know anything about these vans other than what I read online and the ones configured the way I want are all 2- 3 hrs away. So I can't just take a quick ride and check them out.
And I'm sure everyone knows what it's like calling dealers to ask questions about anything.
So, thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts