Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just went on a trip to Playa del Carmen Mexico—without the PM. Playa del Carmen is about 45 minutes south of Cancun by car and is a part of the Riviera Maya.

While there I noticed two vehicles from the states, one at the hotel and the other while driving. We have taken several trips to the Yucatán and we have never noticed any vehicles from the US. I have read other posts about travel on the Baja peninsula in Mexico but never in other parts of Mexico.

I am wondering if anyone has ever taken their PM to the Yucatán area of Mexico and if yes what precautions have you taken?

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Precautions? For what? I recommend a good quality condom if you are not with a life partner. Other than that I’d just go. I have not personally gone there but many of our friends have. Mostly with their life partners so no precautions were necessary. You will have to post a bond for the vehicle which is canceled when you return. A tourist visa is necessary too.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
I've driven all over the Yucatán (and everywhere else in Mexico other than Baja Cal Sur) but that was in the late 60's in a Chevy van "sorta" camper.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,494 Posts
I think you would be best advised to start a search Mexico rv travel and go from there. The rv forum's will be better at guiding you across the border and give you what you need lists to get their.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts