Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a metal cabinet above the windows in my kitchenette. As you all know, I'm trying to avoid wood, so I'd like to build it out of metal. (I assume I'm not going to find prefab metal cabinets that are only a foot high.) I'm planning to use metal ceiling tiles for the surface, but what's the best material to use for the structure of it? Also, what's the best way to go about attaching it?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Redline has some cabinets that might be a little big, but are in the ball park. They are intended for racing trailers best I can tell, so think chrome and bright colors.

I think they are mostly steel. I'd be a bit concerned they would rattle, but think aluminum might dent too easily. There are also some work truck shelving systems, but I believe they are all quite expensive.

https://www.redlinestands.com/catal...cave-c-286_341/garage-cabinets-c-286_341_277/

How you do feel about plastic?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Go to a local HVAC shop and talk with them about fabricating something. They have the metal, it’s already galvanized and they know how to bend, solder, rivet, screw it together, and bolt it together.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts