Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
looks nice but that must be expensive. It sure looks expensive. I wonder how it'll get power.

A solar panel on the roof would be awesome.

At least if the wife ever kicks me out of the house I have a place to live :p

·
Registered
363 Posts
I doubt it will happen to the PM, looks like too much of a commercial vehicle to have it fitted with this stuff, unless they plan to bring the facelift the Ducato Passenger to America.

·
Registered
386 Posts
People would retrofit the promaster to be a camper. The benefit over the competition is the lower floor board would allow for more space vertically.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Don't forget that Ram will be making the PM with windows, it is already on their configurator page. I bet lots of upfitters will buy that version to convert into a small RV.

IMO, there is a huge market out there for a replacement for the Westphalia Vanagons and Eurovans. Further, if FIAT/Ram were to convert the drivetrain to a viscous type 4x4, that would be a crazy oppurtunity - there are 4x4 Syncro Westfalia's that still sell for over $50k because there is nothing in the new vehicle market to replace them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Don't forget that Ram will be making the PM with windows, it is already on their configurator page. I bet lots of upfitters will buy that version to convert into a small RV.

IMO, there is a huge market out there for a replacement for the Westphalia Vanagons and Eurovans. Further, if FIAT/Ram were to convert the drivetrain to a viscous type 4x4, that would be a crazy oppurtunity - there are 4x4 Syncro Westfalia's that still sell for over $50k because there is nothing in the new vehicle market to replace them.
But the only places it will get windows are on the rear doors aside from the front driver and front passenger area. It's basically going to have the typical cargo van window setup. No windows on the side. So it's still far off from being anything RV-like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But the only places it will get windows are on the rear doors aside from the front driver and front passenger area. It's basically going to have the typical cargo van window setup. No windows on the side. So it's still far off from being anything RV-like.
Windows are available on side of the 2500 high roof 159 wb.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Benz camper looks really nice but I don't think that Ram would do the same thing, at least not at the same quality. This isn't real camping though. I think they call it "glamping."

Buy a nice tent, but if you are going to go camping, you can't sleep in a vehicle IMO.

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
These are perfect for a retired couple that what to drive across country instead of
a big honkin motorhome that takes up tankers of fuel and hard to park and store.

Air to air refueling, how about ground to ground refueling no stopping.lol!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here is a video that shows fifteen different class B RV's based mostly on the Fiat Ducato Van in Europe & UK (thanks to William at the Ram Promaster Yahoo site). Just a matter of time till the US catches on.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I believe I've read elsewhere that Hymer is working on partnering up with an already established RV maker here in North America.
I guess Hymer is a big deal in Europe??? Kinda like Winnebago and Thor are here...

·
Registered
399 Posts
What is the point of a popup if you can already stand up in a high roof? Seems like a leak problem waiting to happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
Chance
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing