Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

Installing my electrical wiring and house batteries. I planned on using 175 amp mega fuses at the batteries. There is a place to mount the fuse on the starter battery side but I don't have anything like that on the house battery side. My house batteries are on their side so the battery terminals are also on the side (vertical). When I connected up the battery cable to the fuse on the house battery (fuse already bolted to the + term of the battery) I noticed that there was some movement of the fuse material. Now I am wondering if I need some way to support both ends of the fuse?

Have others installed the mega fuses directly to the battery without any other support? Any issues?

Thx

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You need a fuse holder like these, preferably supported (attached to something close by), with insulator covers at both ends. Run a short cable between the holder and battery terminal. Amazon has them too, but I got almost all my fuses, holders, and busbars here:
https://www.vtewarehouse.com/content/electromech/fuse/html/mega/megafuse.php
If your house system has a main +busbar, connect it there instead of to the battery itself. Still needs a holder either way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts