Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week, RDinNHandAZ and his wife hosted a small Van-Together meet in NH. Keeponvanning attended and my wife and I drove up to NH from CT.

After lunch, we gathered in the parking lot (RD's driveway) to showcase and compare notes on out three Promaster campervans. Lots of ideas were displayed, discussed, and suggested.

I would recommend that others around the country look for fellow converters to get together with! I missed MSNomer and her husband's visit to KOV earlier this year, so this was a chance to get up to NH to compare notes!

We discussed differences in ceiling treatments, cabinets drawers vs. doors, water supplies & sinks, porta potties, woodworking, sleeping facilities, and everything else in between. At RD's place we enjoyed food and new friends! My wife and I enjoyed a relaxing evening talking about things both van and non-van, slept over in our PM, and had a great breakfast cooked by RD, before heading home.

I would suggest, if you have fellow PM converters on the forum that are nearby, that you get together to compare notes. We've all seen each others' progress on our builds, but climbing in and seeing it all in 3D highlights items and ideas that might be missed in our pictured build threads.

I have suggested in the past that all forumites, enter their location in their profile under location. If you haven't done that yet, it's a good idea!

Thanks to RD and his wife Pam for hosting! It was great to meet them and KOV who lives just down the road (about 45 minutes away actually!) Looking forward to future get-togethers here in New England!!!!! :D

Ed

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, can y'all provide some feedback on what you may have done differently or possibly will change in the future after seeing how others have done their conversions? :D

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
HVAC, that's a hard one.

We found lots of common ground and lots of differences.

We were all aware of the basic floorplan differences and understood why each was designed the way it was. On the other hand, we all came to pretty much the same sink/water/portapotti setup. As it should be, the different designs reflects different priorities as to how the van would be used.

I don't know if others would participate, but I would suggest a thread for each general part of the build where PM Forum members would post only ONE post that shows what they did and why they decided to do it that way, For example, I will start a Floorplan thread with my plan and explanation... I hope others will participate when they get a chance.

FLOORPLAN THREAD: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=333978#post333978

ed

·
Registered
39 Posts
Proeddie,
I like your thinking. I would like to read some of the why's! I think we can learn a lot by what others have already done. :nerd:

Dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts