Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed MaxxFan 7500K with remote. Excellent quality and install angst was greatly tempered with all the great advice on this site. First test: really good volume of air moved in exhaust mode. Was expecting the same for intake mode. This was the most important for me as I want a good down draft for better hot night sleeping. Was really disappointed when the air flow only went sideways and without much force. Never read any reviews of this fan, only that everyone seemed to like it.

Happened that Electrical Engineer son-in-law was visiting. He pointed out that the blades were asymmetric: concave on top and convex on bottom and that inward mode couldn’t move as much air. He suggested flipping the blade to make intake the priority. I called MaxxAir tech support to ask if that would work. Guy said he never had that question and he would switch me to a fan engineer! Engineer said, sure, flip the blade. Said MaxxAir had a fan years ago that was intake only that used the same blade with the concave surface on the bottom.

A 3/32nd “ Allen key fits the set screw. Flipped the blade easily, but the set screw is now positioned between the blade and the shroud with no easy access. Took a few minutes (like playing the game Surgeon) but finally able to insert the key and tighten the set screw. Reinstalled the fan and got the downdraft I wanted. If there is info on the different air flows I missed it. I’d like to see the CFM for the different speeds and directions. I’ll send a question to MaxxAir and post if I get a response.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hmm... I'd noticed the curve on the blades and thought it quite nice. My primary use will be exhaust, so hadn't thought of trying to increase the intake air flow. Nice idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts