Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to utilize a solar generator (all-in-one) in my van build. I’ve Installed a Maxxaire fan and connected the wires to a cigarette plug I bought off of Amazon (Link below). I feel 100% confident that the wiring connections are correct and good. I’ve plugged it into both my solar generator as well as the rear Promaster optional 12v plug. Plug lights the red led light indicating power is there. Nothing. Anyone have any ideas about what I migh5 have wrong?

12V 15A Heavy Duty Male to Male Cigarette Plug Cigarette Lighter Adapter(Charger Cord With LED Lights And Fuse Protection On Both Plugs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRPKPPG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Ov2-Eb0271QZW

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
The cigarette lighter outlet may not be powered sufficiently. You should never use them for anything but usb chargers. The fan should be hard wired and fused directly to a battery (preferably house or starter). The same goes for 12v fridge. Lighter outlets are for lighting things and temporary useage only, not powering anything full time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I was able to get it working. i hear you on temporary or full-time - looking to use this setup until I’ve been in the van for about a year and figure out what I really want. Hopefully there will be no damage to the fan.

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
A few forum members have recently reported trouble running their MaxxAir fans from a cigarette lighter outlet because of the low power output.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A few forum members have recently reported trouble running their MaxxAir fans from a cigarette lighter outlet because of the low power output.
KOV, i searched for posts by people having trouble running their Maxxaire fans from a cigarette outlet but couldn't find any.
Do you links to any of those posts because i was going to recommend this technique to friend adding a fan to a minimal camper conversion and i want to read them before i do.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
I found this from 2months ago but it’s about to much power, not enough.

im sure there was something about low power from a lighter posted recently tho.ill keep looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts