Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Ram ProMaster 2500 159WB
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have good suggestions on how to clean their fan screens? Ever so often ours gets pretty dirty / greasy from the by-products of cooking. For awhile I would just wipe it off with paper towels but only half works, washing it with soapy water is better, but wasn't sure if there were better tricks out there.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just did this yesterday. Yes to removal and cleaning in a sink with soap and water. I also removed the fan blades for cleaning (simple process with a screw driver) because they get just as dirty/greasy as the screen.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I haven't cleaned the fan blades yet but will add that to the list. I have used soap and water in our sink and it helps the overall air flow but small little crud balls still stay stuck to the screen, usually building up around the edges. I'll take it back down in the next day or so and try to use more soap and more water as well as cleaning the fan.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We originally avoided cooking in the van and just used a coleman stove outside. Works great in the summer. We eventually installed a stove before ski season last year as cooking outside in the snow all winter didn't seam appealing. Plus having a designated cooking area is very nice. Just posted as I figured there might be a tip or trick to clean the fan screen that I was missing, but it sounds like extra soap and water might be the best bet.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yep, good warm soapy water does the trick. Ours collects dust and lint even when we don't cook inside. It gets washed about once a week on the road. Window screens need cleaning, too. Clean screens can move more air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.