Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When choosing between Fantastic Fan and MaxxAir, I was impressed by the glowing reports of FF customer service, but I liked MA's product better. I am happy to give a glowing report of MA's customer service.

My fan's lid would lift and vibrate at speed. Horrible noise. I emailed MA and corresponded with Eric. He figured the operator mechanism was faulty. He promptly sent the part and emailed me the instructions for the changeout.

This procedure looked like more than I wanted to tackle. MA is in Wichita and I was taking the van to the Wichita dealer today anyway for an oil change, so I asked if they would replace this part for me. Eric said they are just a factory and don't have service bays, but he would check with the engineers. A short while later he said bring it in.

Gary came out to the van with a ladder--he could reach the top of the fan without going on the roof!! He replaced the part in short order.

Turns out Gary is the engineer who designed the fan. Although the problem was in the operator mechanism as suspected, it wasn't the problem they thought it was. Instead, it was a problem he'd never seen before, so he was glad I brought it in--otherwise he might never have known the problem existed.

It appears the problem is fixed, though the winds were terrible on the way home and I was alone, so I couldn't look back at it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow, Nice to hear that level of service still exists. 1) Getting thru to a manufacturer, not referred back to the reseller. 2) getting someone who actually new the product and followed thru 3) Fixing it even though it's not a normal thing they do and sounds like happy to help. All 3 should be the way customers should be treated, but rarely hears the good stories so thanks for sharing. If I ever get my replacement van and a chance to start my Dirt Bike hauling, Camping conversion I'm going with the MaxxAir for the ventilation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts