Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this week, I picked up a seriously heavy load that took me right up to the weight limit of the PM. My 159 extended is rated to carry 4300#, and I picked up 4 skids totaling 4300#. But I also have around 200# of stuff with me at all times.

If I didn't know the weight, I wouldn't have noticed a difference. The rear suspension rode low, but otherwise power, handling, braking, steering were unaffected. The brake squeal was gone though!

I pulled this load about 400 miles albeit through mostly flat land. Most vehicles are conservatively rated, and the PM is no different. I speculate that you could probably handle 6000# without putting yourself in any danger.

Photos are loaded and empty

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As usual, all my photos post upside down. But you get the idea.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I drove from Florida to Colorado with 4300 #'s of pavers and tools in my 159 extended and the drive was great. It doesn't even phase the van other than acceleration. The brakes and handling are balanced like they were made for this weight. Unlike my old Savana that seemed strained at full load. I was getting 18 mpg until I got to Kansas and encountered a lot of wind which lowered my mpg to about 13. Overall mpg for the trip was 16.9.

·
Registered
549 Posts
As usual, all my photos post upside down. But you get the idea.
Open the photos in any one of the free graphic image software available today. Rotate the photo if needed, but it may appear right side up in the software. Save the file, even if you haven't made any changes to it.

If this doesn't work PM me and I can flip the images for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Weighed my pm 3500 159 wb Plumbing van. With the stuff I carry all the time and myself it weighed 8070 lbs. This warm weather I get around 16 to 17 mpg. I am happy still plenty of power. I may add a 1000 pounds extra once in a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts