Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a tie bit I learned from speaking to a MaxxFan Tech today-

If you, like me, were fantasizing about instalingl a Deluxe fan in a spot where there was limited clearance above- say under a roof rack, topper box, platform, solar panel, what have you- The Fan, when in AUTO mode will attempt to open all the way BUT that is a function of resistance not of a pre programed travel distance. So, what this means, and I was assured by the Tech, is that if you want to put the fan under something, as long as the available opening range is good for you, its okay for the fan, and it will stop trying to open when it meets the obstacle. In fact, the Tech said that all of the add-on fan housings are more restrictive than the range of the cover so its designed to allow for this.

I know there are very few of us that this matters to, but for those like me, who want to double dip on roof space and don't expect to ever use my fan on the tornado setting, its great news.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS - I have not tested this yet but will report back soon as I get to cutting a scary big hole in my roof....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts