Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone on here had an issue with the maxair rattling but I can't find it now so my appologies for asking about it twice.

Does anyone else have loud rattling everyone they hit a bump, uneven road, or close the slider door?
Minot talking a little rattling either. I looked up and saw the lid bouncing around on an uneven section of roadway.
Any experience with this and did you fix it?

I just installed the fan over the weekend and drove the van today. Was a little discouraged at the amount of wind noise and rattling coming from it. I've read nothing but good about this unit so I went for it over the fantastic fan

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Mine is not rattling. Is it fully open or closed? Maybe you over tightened the frame when installing?
Can not be partial opened or it will rattle and break.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The knob pushes up and locks the cover at any position. If you don`t lock it, it will eventually vibrate closed. Other than that mine makes no noise.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
The knob pushes up and locks the cover at any position. If you don`t lock it, it will eventually vibrate closed. Other than that mine makes no noise.
Powderman do you have remote one or manual? I have remote and it will not do the lock thing. The instructions say it must be fully open or fully closed when vehicle is
moving. Model series 5100k-8501k.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry, I have the manual one. I was to hesitant to get anything like a roof fan with a remote & electronic control, I have terrible luck with that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the confirmation folks
I have the manual one as well, wasn't sure about locking it so I'll check that

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update. Yes the lid wasn't tightened down but even after doing so the rattle was still there.
I contacted the manufacturer and they are sending a piece of rubber weather strip to fix it.
I'll update once I receive it and have it installed

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Resolution

Received the weatherstrip from manufacturer and installed today, no more rattle!

If your having the same issue give them a shout out.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Digging up another old thread...

Why doesn't Maxx-Aire just include this when they ship them? Makes no sense to me!

Anyway, mine was rattling, and I mean rattle, rattle, rattle, this was besides the wind noise when driving. I finally dropped the screen down to take a look and low and behold, one of the screws that attaches the fan blade to the motor was laying in the center of the blade. I tightened back up, and decided if it comes loose again I'll throw some blue Locktite on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having a similar rattle with my Maxxfan. Upon further inspection, there is movement between the lid and the riveted metal hinges on the front and back of the rain cover... Anyone else able to confirm play in this area? I'm wondering if it's supposes to have play there for some reason? But I'm pretty sure that's what allows mine to bounce up and down when closed.

I may try to get some adhesive in there to eliminate that movement, then request the thicker weatherstrip if still needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts