Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... Getting ready to pull the trigger on the above van. Dealers are discounting these things by $5k...
Curious as to what you would recommend for the front and cargo area when it comes to mats. I'm in the SUP biz (Stand-Up Paddleboards) and need something comfortable (in the cargo area) easy on the boards (and feet) and water-proof...
I have the puzzle-style mats in my existing E-150 and they've held up pretty well for being 4 years old. Thanks in advance, JD

·
Registered
48 Posts
We manufacture flooring for these vehicles, and we have a few different options. The one that sounds as if it will best fit your application is our UltraGrip. This is a composite plastic which has a rubberized surface. It is completely waterproof, as well as chemical and corrosion resistant. The surface is a rubberized surface so is "softer" than plastics or plywoods. We have glass moving companies that have used this option for this reason.

Where are you located? I should have a dealer near you that you could see the products at.

Regards,

Kyle Carpani
866-223-2256

·
Registered
886 Posts
JD,

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35225

Look at what I did on my floor. I've got 3,000 miles on my van. With just the floor installed and wheelwells covered with thermotec, the van went from uncomfortably loud, to comfortably quiet. Cost to do $200.

I think you could live with just the floor done. I've since done the walls, and gained a little more quietness.

My floor has never rattled or squeaked in 3000 miles, so I'm confident it's going to be good for years to come.

The stick-on fake wood tiles makes it slippery for cargo loads. You might want to cover the wood with a rubber mat.

You might be able to get a free floor with the up-fitters allowance from RAM.

·
Registered
314 Posts
3/4" thick rubber mats from tractor supply. You need 3 of them @ $40 a piece and a razor blade or jig saw to custom fit them. Will quiet the van down and nothing slides around on them. I bought $3 walmart front door mats, black rubber with the little nubs, they fit pretty good and for $3 they are disposable.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You might try the Waterhog Mats I just put in mine, for the back end. Look at the in my post "My mods have started".

They will catch all the sand and drips from your boards and be easy to remove and clean. You could put them over any foam, plywood or other floor material of your choosing. Lots of sizes to chose from to get the coverage you desire. Good prices on Amazon and shipping was included.

For the front, I don't think there's much better than the Weathertech mats. Again they are great at catching sand, dirt and drips ect. Perfect for keeping things clean around the water.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JD,

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35225

Look at what I did on my floor. I've got 3,000 miles on my van. With just the floor installed and wheelwells covered with thermotec, the van went from uncomfortably loud, to comfortably quiet. Cost to do $200.

I think you could live with just the floor done. I've since done the walls, and gained a little more quietness.

My floor has never rattled or squeaked in 3000 miles, so I'm confident it's going to be good for years to come.

The stick-on fake wood tiles makes it slippery for cargo loads. You might want to cover the wood with a rubber mat.

You might be able to get a free floor with the up-fitters allowance from RAM.
Awesome job on your PM, Dwight; That's a thing of beauty! I can't decide on whether to go with wood or rubber back there.
How are those racks done? I'm also trying to decide whether to go with side racks or do something similar to what you did (remember: I need to get about 8 to 10 boards back there). I was thinking I could build in cross-beams side to side midway up from the floor and have em double-deckered on rail. That's how they are in my E150 but no way to double stack them (shouldn't be a problem with the PM's Tall Roof... Thanks for the help and insight. Btw: The one I picked off the lot was vin # blahblahblah125918... Thx JD

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We manufacture flooring for these vehicles, and we have a few different options. The one that sounds as if it will best fit your application is our UltraGrip. This is a composite plastic which has a rubberized surface. It is completely waterproof, as well as chemical and corrosion resistant. The surface is a rubberized surface so is "softer" than plastics or plywoods. We have glass moving companies that have used this option for this reason.

Where are you located? I should have a dealer near you that you could see the products at.

Regards,

Kyle Carpani
866-223-2256
Hi Kyle. I'm located in N/E FL area (Jax Bch)... Thx JD

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3/4" thick rubber mats from tractor supply. You need 3 of them @ $40 a piece and a razor blade or jig saw to custom fit them. Will quiet the van down and nothing slides around on them. I bought $3 walmart front door mats, black rubber with the little nubs, they fit pretty good and for $3 they are disposable.
These mats look very promising :D. Thanks Mojo, JD

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You might try the Waterhog Mats I just put in mine, for the back end. Look at the in my post "My mods have started".

They will catch all the sand and drips from your boards and be easy to remove and clean. You could put them over any foam, plywood or other floor material of your choosing. Lots of sizes to chose from to get the coverage you desire. Good prices on Amazon and shipping was included.

For the front, I don't think there's much better than the Weathertech mats. Again they are great at catching sand, dirt and drips ect. Perfect for keeping things clean around the water.
I like these too :)... Thanks, JD

·
Registered
886 Posts
JD,

My racks hold 7 boards above the sail drawer. You could fit 9 easy by taking racks to floor and still have 2 ft wide walkway down side of board rack.

My racks are wood, covered in carbon fiber so they would be strong enough to cantilever from one side. This allows me to be lazy and leave fins in boards. I can pull boards out sideways to miss other boards and fins.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went mojogoat's route with the 3/4" rubber mats from Tractor Supply. Hard as **** to cut but these things are indestructible (10 yr warranty) and look really good installed... For the front mat I went to Home Depot and bought a 38"X60" front door mat that has a rubber base and a channeled astro-turf type carpet on top. Trimmed it to fit and neighbor came to look said it looks like it was ordered with it (made me feel good)... Tomorrow I'll tackle the inside racks... :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
I went mojogoat's route with the 3/4" rubber mats from Tractor Supply. Hard as **** to cut but these things are indestructible (10 yr warranty) and look really good installed... For the front mat I went to Home Depot and bought a 38"X60" front door mat that has a rubber base and a channeled astro-turf type carpet on top. Trimmed it to fit and neighbor came to look said it looks like it was ordered with it (made me feel good)... Tomorrow I'll tackle the inside racks... :)
Can you post some pics?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a SUP demo tomorrow so the PM's full of paddle boards right now. But as soon as I get back in town I'm going to empty her out and I'll get some shots of it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts