Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remis Remitop II Tilt and Slide Sunroof. I can't find this thing for sale anywhere: https://pedidos.activecaravan.es/epages/eb9467.sf/es_ES/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eb9467/Products/144538

It's a 900*600mm sunroof that SLIDES open, so you can get a ton of airflow using an additional Maxxair/Fantastic elsewhere on the roof. This sunroof doesn't stick out like a traditional vent, rather it slides open like a sunroof; meaning you could have it all the way open and it'd barely be noticeable from the ground - SUPER STEALTH.

Problem is I can't find it for sale anywhere. It's around $700. Anyone know where to source one?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Remis Remitop II Tilt and Slide Sunroof. I can't find this thing for sale anywhere: https://pedidos.activecaravan.es/epages/eb9467.sf/es_ES/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eb9467/Products/144538

It's a 900*600mm sunroof that SLIDES open, so you can get a ton of airflow using an additional Maxxair/Fantastic elsewhere on the roof. This sunroof doesn't stick out like a traditional vent, rather it slides open like a sunroof; meaning you could have it all the way open and it'd barely be noticeable from the ground - SUPER STEALTH.

Problem is I can't find it for sale anywhere. It's around $700. Anyone know where to source one?
My solution to ordering things from the UK (and there may be a similar situation for mainland Europe) is to use a freight forwarder. I use forward2me.com. You set up an account which gives you a UK mailing address to have product shipped from UK retailers to. F2Me then sends your shipment to your house in North America. It's not the cheapest way to do things, but generally all the cool campervan stuff is available in the UK and often isn't permitted to be shipped to NA.

Shaun

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try Lewmar pilot hatch size 70 or size 77. They are made for marine environment and for a person to climb thru,i.e. "hatch". You'll find them on EBay. I am planning on buying a Lewmar hatch size 60. It tilts, not slide and is 24" square.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool! I've been looking for a 'sliding' vent for ages. Traditional RV roof vents are not stealth at all, as they stick up so high when they're opened.

Too bad those are $1k. Starting to make the Remis Remitop II look like a bargain at $700, if only I could find a place that sells 'em...

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,462 Posts
A sliding ragtop might be an option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts