Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see a reason this stuff is a no-go? I'd be installing over 1/2 Baltic Birch ply. It's a little more price effective for me because I can't find remnants of the Marmoleum sheets in my area. It has a cork and HDF backing. If properly installed and sealed, I'd hope it's close or as good as the sheets on water resistance...

Thoughts or any direct experience?

Marmoleum Click Cinch

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,521 Posts
Forbo shows it installed in a kitchen, so you should be good to go. I’d use the foam underlayment, though, for sound control,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Forbo shows it installed in a kitchen, so you should be good to go. I’d use the foam underlayment, though, for sound control,
Thanks! I'm doing 50mil Noico mat and 1/2" EPS under the ply. That's the direction you're going, right?

Edit: Ah, you probably meant the actual Forbo Foam Underlayment... Hmm. I'll stew on that as well.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm interested in hearing any reviews as well as I plan on using it to redo my floor in the next few weeks.

I currently have the OEM one piece plastic/rubber flooring in mine, but have had significant issues with it warping when exposed to the sun/heat (Like if I leave the side door open). I figured the rigid backing might prevent the issue with the Marmoleum.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Walmart had a sale on Marmoleum Click panels, so I decided to give it a shot. It was a bit more work that I had hoped as the Marmoleum panels were slightly thicker than my OEM rubber flooring. Because of this, I ended up having to remove some permanent fixtures so they would match up with the height of my removable/modular camper parts. All in all, I think it turned out alright. Now I just have to put everything back in. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice job but too 'finished' looking for me, I'd be afraid to use it. ;-)

That won't be an issue as I have heavy floor rugs to cover it all up anyhow. :LOL: The OEM rubber floor mat was rippling with the heat and making the floor mats do the same, and the perfectionist in me just didn't feel comfortable leaving an unfinished plywood floor under my rugs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:LOL:

That won't be an issue as I have heavy floor rugs to cover it all up anyhow. The OEM rubber floor mat was rippling with the heat and making the floor mats do the same, and the perfectionist in me just didn't feel comfortable leaving an unfinished plywood floor under my rugs.
That looks great! Did you go with the Farbo underlayment as well, or just put the click cinch down on top of your subfloor? What was the sale price if you don't mind me asking (I checked their site and it doesn't look like any sales are running at the moment)?

·
Registered
531 Posts
That looks great! Did you go with the Farbo underlayment as well, or just put the click cinch down on top of your subfloor? What was the sale price if you don't mind me asking (I checked their site and it doesn't look like any sales are running at the moment)?
Here's a link to color I bought, but it looks like they are now out of stock (I ordered it last week). It was $58 per box delivered and it took exactly 3 boxes to do my van. I ordered 4 boxes and I'm glad I did as I flubbed one cut, plus I wanted some extra in case I needed to do any repairs in the future.

I just went right over my plywood subfloor. I did go all all the way around the edges with some black silicone caulk when I was done, and sealed it afterwards (Not sure if that's necessary, but I figured what the heck).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a link to color I bought, but it looks like they are now out of stock (I ordered it last week). It was $58 per box delivered and it took exactly 3 boxes to do my van. I ordered 4 boxes and I'm glad I did as I flubbed one cut, plus I wanted some extra in case I needed to do any repairs in the future.

Cool, thanks. And did you do the underlayment as well?

·
Registered
531 Posts
No underlayment. I have 1" of XPS foam board and 3/4" of plywood, I just put it right over that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts