Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a quality filter for my 1500 PM 3.0 diesel. Wix, Napa and Baldwin have numbers but they all seem to be about $30. I Found a Mann filter. I use Mann in my BMW motorcycles and believe they are very good quality. They were $8 each and with shipping for two it was $25 exactly.

New Ram Promaster oil filter
W9009 Mann Ram 1500 3.0 diesel oil filter-Promaster Diesel for oem 68095335AA I got it from Diesel-Filters.com

https://www.diesel-filters.com

W9009 Mann Ram 1500 3.0 diesel oil filter-Promaster Diesel -oem 68095335AA

·
Registered
625 Posts
As long as its one of the best filters out there. I don't see its worth saving $20 every 10k miles or more just to end up with a junk filter. A great filter, even if pricey, is cheap insurance compared to cost of the engine.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Mann is perhaps the best line of filters I have heard of. It meets the FCA Mopar filter specification 68095335AA. I have yet to use it so MMMV but if it is as good as those for motorcycles it should be great. Perhaps others are familiar with their automotive/truck line of filters.

I just ordered oil too. Kendall, the company that invented synthetic oil produces a Euro spec and Mopar spec 5W-30 that has been well received on the TDI forums and meets Mopar spec Chrysler MS-11106.

So Oil and Filter for the Diesel will be $12.50 for the filter and 9 times $6.285 for the oil both with shipping, total for both $70 and for products that meet Mopar specs and from companies that have great reputations.
I would like to hear what others are using.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I worked for Mann when they had a bus plant in NC. For anyone who never heard of them, think of them as the Mac Truck of Germany.

Serious tough brand.

·
Registered
473 Posts
They are considerd the go to filter lines for Mercedes diesels. Oil, fuel & air...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I use baldwin oil filter B7388 $21 from grainger. And baldwin PA4472 airfilter $19 from grainger. I use pennzoil from the dealer about $10 quart. I have not found a source for the fuel filter, I got it from the dealer $59. I changed that at 80k miles. Oil changes are every 19k miles.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So your oil change cost you $111 mine $70 w/shipping (and everything was delivered to my door.) I applaud you for supporting the local dealer and Grainger, a great company I support also. Baldwin is well respected. BTW was the Pennzoil the Platinum Euro L SAE 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil? If so the dealer has a killer price as its $10 from Walmart! I can buy the Pennzoil 5W30 Full Synthetic Platinum Motor Oil for $5/qt but it does not meet the MS-11106 spec and we shouldn't use it. I think the similar names are confusing! I haven't been able to find the fuel filter except at the dealer either.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes the oil is the euro L. They charge me $9 and some change each. There are 6 in a box and I buy 2 boxes

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve got over 210,000 miles and have been using this filter since 40,000 miles. Works like a champ, no problems. You’ve saved me hundreds of dollars compared to mopar.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Send me half. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts