Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Finally! We’ve been wanting to hike with h1k3rb ever since he first appeared on the forum and we finally got our chance. The weekend at our local state park was too cold for sitting outside and COVID said we shouldn’t sit together in a warm van, so what was left was hiking—probably 16 miles or so total. We know we didn’t wear him out because after our main >10.5-mile hike today, he came to the window and suggested an after-supper hike before dark. Our kind of guy.

His 118” is only the second one we've seen—very well proportioned and well-fitted for his use.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,446 Posts
Hey, I’m sitting in that van behind you right now and am feeling a bit closed in looking at that picture! 😳

That was a great hike today through some beautiful terrain but I have to warn others here that the Nomers are a couple of serious hiking machines!

Luckily, I’m in decent shape but I’m not used to keeping up the kind of pace that they set (like we were being chased by bears) literally hour after hour! 🥵

A really nice surprise after we got back was that the Nomers had a new refrigerator/freezer with ice cream sandwiches in it - yes, here in the woods, and MsNomer had prepared a wonderful meal that she brought for us to also enjoy after that extreme workout!

I’m a little worried that the rest of my trip is going to be downhill after this though.😕😉

·
Registered
2019 159 High-Top
93 Posts

Finally! We’ve been wanting to hike with h1k3rb ever since he first appeared on the forum and we finally got our chance. The weekend at our local state park was too cold for sitting outside and COVID said we shouldn’t sit together in a warm van, so what was left was hiking—probably 16 miles or so total. We know we didn’t wear him out because after our main >10.5-mile hike today, he came to the window and suggested an after-supper hike before dark. Our kind of guy.

His 118” is only the second one we've seen—very well proportioned and well-fitted for his use.
Mini Me

·
Registered
426 Posts
Finally! We’ve been wanting to hike with h1k3rb ever since he first appeared on the forum and we finally got our chance. The weekend at our local state park was too cold for sitting outside and COVID said we shouldn’t sit together in a warm van, so what was left was hiking—probably 16 miles or so total.
Where were you hiking? Sounds great!!!

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,446 Posts
It’s a very nice park with some interesting rock formations and quite a few remnants of the old CCC camp that used to be there.

Also, I want to clarify what I said earlier. The Nomers are in amazing hiking shape. Since they like to go to Colorado and climb those 14’ers, keeping in that kind of condition is required.

At first glance it doesn’t look like they’re moving exceptionally fast… until you try to keep up with them! When MrNomer decides to pick up speed you don’t really notice any change in his gate, the only clue is the vacuum behind him pulling you forward, along with leaves and dust in his wake. 😉

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, that dust in his wake is no joke. On dusty trails, I have to be beside him or ahead. I choke if he is ahead. Kinda like Pig-Pen on Charlie Brown. It’s something in his stride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts