Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve barely started my build - I’m a complete newbie - and can already see I’m going to have a LOT of questions ... so grateful for this community, and thank you in advance!!! So: I’m about to lay down my sheet vinyl flooring, and had thought I would fill this gap with Great Stuff, as I have done for the rest of the perimeter, BUT, there’s this screw holding the panel in place which allows for access to the passenger side fuse panel in the column ... do you guys see a reason I need to maintain access to this? It seems like it might be a convenient place to connect aftermarket things... if you’ve allowed for access to this area in your builds, please explain, THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,814 Posts
Leave it accessible. That black panel also has to come off before you can remove the B-pillar cover. You don’t know what you will want access to in the future. Handle, maybe? It’s easy to stuff a bit of foam tape or rod there and let it be.

Looks like your gap is about like mine. I stuffed foam rope in it with a credit card. It has stayed put for 5 years.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yes, you should maintain access to factory electrical. You never know what you may need/want access to later.

Another example: maintain access to the interior holes in the rear corner pillars. To change tail light bulbs, you have to remove the entire plastic light housing. The two nuts holding them are inside the rear corner pillars.

I have also patted myself on the back several times for putting removable polyester insulation batting in the large fore-aft channels at the turn of the roof. Just now, I used them again to run cable to the back for a cell booster antenna. You just never know ....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leave it accessible. That black panel also has to come off before you can remove the B-pillar cover. You don’t know what you will want access to in the future. Handle, maybe? It’s easy to stuff a bit of foam tape or rod there and let it be.

Looks like your gap is about like mine. I stuffed foam rope in it with a credit card. It has stayed put for 5 years.

Thank you! Makes perfect sense, I appreciate your insight!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you should maintain access to factory electrical. You never know what you may need/want access to later.

Another example: maintain access to the interior holes in the rear corner pillars. To change tail light bulbs, you have to remove the entire plastic light housing. The two nuts holding them are inside the rear corner pillars.

I have also patted myself on the back several times for putting removable polyester insulation batting in the large fore-aft channels at the turn of the roof. Just now, I used them again to run cable to the back for a cell booster antenna. You just never know ....
Excellent info, thank you so much!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts