I am new to the campervan world and just in the first stages of converting so this question may be a stupid one. I completed my sub floor and decided I would take a test sleep in the van with a futon mattress and sleeping bag just because I was excited to have the floor done. I tried 3 different nights and I noticed a sensation of wanting to pass out which I thought was very odd. I have the maxxair fan installed and open but not hooked up to power. Is it possible the main battery is off gassing and since I'm sleeping on floor its causing this sensation. I know this seems far fetched but I cant think of anything else. I ended up cracking the front windows to get some airflow and issue seemed to go away.
- I suppose I should note Ive never had this problem sleeping before (this is my first time sleeping in a van)
- The van is angled but I sleep with head at higher elevation
- Its been raining and cold
- Could it be the foam board glue in the subfloor (installed 4 days prior to sleeping in it)
- Im parking in a residential area so shouldnt be any issues with area being contaminated
- I have not opened the battery to see if its actually vented but I assume it is.