Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a slow start over winter we scrambled and got her sea (road) worthy. Coated and installed the rack from Mainmade studios, installed the deck and box the night before taking off, and off we went. We're taking the approach that we are clueless (with the exception of the knowledge we've gotten here and elsewhere) and don't want to commit too far to our build until we get some time "out there". So we have a configuration we think we'll like but the current execution is just a kit of parts held in by cargo straps. We've left the walls with soundproofing and insulation, uncovered for now. After the trip we have a decent list of things we know we need to get and changes to make.

Our current configuration has a bed running lengthwise (I'm 6'1") and storage below accessed from front and back. We have cubes for storage between the two sliding doors and swivel seats. We want to figure out a table that can be relocated as needed to allow 2x2 seating across the table, a work surface looking out through one of the doors, movable outside, and maybe at higher height for coffee etc when sitting in the swiveled seats. Probably will eventually add tracks in the floor. Right now our kitchen is in rubbermaid boxes that we remove and set up. Eventually we hope to have a kitchen module that can be pulled out and used in the van or removed completely to cook outside. Fridge would be installed on the front of this big storage area. Again though we need to feel our way into that.

We were headed to South Padre Texas for kiteboarding for two weeks. Every campground/state park in Kansas and Texas, on the way south was empty. It was really nice having lakeside spots without anyone in site.

We tried to stay off the expressway as much as we could though it's a long drive. We did find some amazing country north of Houston. Never imagined Texas could be so lush.

We're very stoked for longer trips, doing a more complete build out (hopefully with less squeaks)

Can't figure out how to add the images inline with comments/descriptions. How do I get the web address of those I've uploaded. For now they are all just attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you get a chance, please post your current setup pictures. I love to see more fluid setups as my future van will be a people hauler/weekender/work van.

Also, your canopy is soooo unique! How do you like it and where did you get it? We hit beaches and my current canopy is super heavy.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,278 Posts
Not clear but did you rebadge your van to "ROAM"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. What Canopy are you referring to? the Tent? We're actually looking at converting an old kite to a awning. Are you referring to the roof rack? If so I put more pictures and the contact info for the guy who built it in the Promaster pictures forum.

I'll try to get some shots of inside. It's rough cause we're doing our build in two stages. Stage one: Flexible, everything held in with tie downs, take some trips, if we don't like it, we change it. Stage Two: permanent build. We've already realized we've limited ourselves in stage one, by choosing a van with two sliders, and placing windows. Most likely the changes will be tweaks to the current configuration. This one trip worked great.

Yes the RAM 2500 was the first to go. Just don't really resonate with the RAM TRUCK branding. Less about the power and more about the slide ; ) Currently working on a new badge for the front grill made of cedar to slowly turn silver in time...if not stained by bug carcasses.

Really liking the design phase. I hope she's never "done" cause then what would I be putzing on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
tighe, the canopy I am asking about is in the 7th picture (img_4919) in your original post. The canopy is black with the words "Slingshot" on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts