Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice summation which I happen to agree with. I wouldn't worry about the mechanical function but would never order one of these transmissions without first seeing years of positive data. Too many risks in my opinion compared to either an automatic or true stick. This middle ground of a design solves nothing for me, except maybe when my wife drove the van. She's not crazy about driving a stick shift although she's good at it. I'd consider the diesel with a stick but the automated transmission is a deal breaker until proven in US. And just because it may work in Europe doesn't mean it will succeed here in my opinion.
6500 to replace transmission actuator and 2 month back order pathetic . Never by a Fiat absolute garbage

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
Gosh I still like mine, 80K miles and 5 years and no issues. Great to not have to shift and the mileage has remained 26+ mpg. The diesel has paid off it’s cost and I am getting ahead every tank full. Those little Fiat 500’s are cute too I could buy one of those to carry in my van!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts