Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't lower my spare tire. I inserted the winch extension into the winch mechanism like the manual says but it doesn't lock into the mechanism so when I turn it counterclockwise it doesn't connect with anything as if the winch was stripped and instead of the inner part being a female pentagon it's like its a circle. Anyone else have this problem? I just bought my PMC used so I don't know if the previous owner stripped it or messed it up somehow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so I took the plastic molding off the back edge so I could get a better look inside the hole behind the rubber. The wench was not stripped but the molding was a little misaligned so I had to push the wench extension all the way against the left side of the opening in the molding to get it to go in. So then I put the molding back on and get the wench extension in but it won't budge. I applied more than enough pressure and three times the extension slipped out. I was afraid I might strip it. got under the tire and tried moving/spinning it around a little and after a few tries I finally got it to turn. I think the last person that put the spare in the mount tightened it too much or someting.
Anyway, I was going to delete this post but I can't figure out how to do that either. Is it even possible?
Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.:nerd:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I sometimes wish I had a spare tire: it wasn't offered on my 2015 cargo version and I just know I'm gonna need it someday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts