Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if lowering blocks would work on Ram Promaster Cargo vans to lower the ride height. Anyone ever use these? Here's some on Amazon:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Belltech-6100-Lowering-Block-Kit/dp/B000CIMEPE/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1512013453&sr=1-2&keywords=lowering+blocks[/ame]

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Our spring is above the axle, those are for vehicles with it below, so NO. It can be flipped to below but the few who did it reported it wasn’t a great option.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I see now that won't work. No wonder I didn't see where anyone had done that. Thanks for answer! I reckon I'll be removing a leaf then.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The leaf removal is easy, the ride is better, the new height is 2.5-3” lower and the van sits almost level (1” up at the back) However I would guess your max load will go from about 4,000 lbs down to 1,500 lbs + -.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won't be hauling anything with it. May pull my little teardrop that has a minimal tongue weight as does my fishin' boat. Don't see my build goin' over 4 to 5 hundred pounds. I saw the leaf removal thread and looks easy enough. I have the tools and jacks and stands for it. May change tires to Michelins.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Our spring is above the axle, those are for vehicles with it below, so NO. It can be flipped to below but the few who did it reported it wasn’t a great option.
Other than it lowered rear by about 4 inches which is quite a bit, I don't recall reading much negative about flipping to below. Granted, I probably didn't follow threads as close as you did. Remind me what makes it a bad option? Unless weight compresses suspension a bunch, I've been thinking it would be required to get ride height lower like on Fiat Ducatos.

I do recall one of the first who flipped springs below axle, then added air springs to jack it back up a little.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,254 Posts
If you remove a leaf you will also learn how to adjust your head lights.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Chance,
1. The drop put the back lower than the front- looked wrong
2. There is no centering hole for the centerbolt so the axle is not properly fixed.
3. The axle hangs from the welded plate which was never intended for.
4. The bump stops ride hard and needed to be cut off.
5. ?????? There nay have been others, I thought these put it out of the running for me so I moved on.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you remove a leaf you will also learn how to adjust your head lights.
:laugh: yeah figured that'd be the case. Saw some Youtube video on how to do it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jumping into the lowering topic as I am considering moving to a house with a 8 foot (exactly 96 inches) clearance. Has anyone successfully lowered their PM to fit 8 feet?

My thoughts on this process would be as discussed above: remove a leaf (possibly two?) to get ride height down from 100" to 97" or so. Also, has anyone tried deflating tires to get another inch or two? would this work? The process would get a little long if i'd have to deflate, drive in, close door, inflate for storage, but if it is a better option than modifying the garage door i would gladly do that. I would also be removing my ARB awning and cover to my fantastic fan in order to meet clearance.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts