Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a monopoly on this part? Eurocampers is the only place I see that has these for sale: http://www.eurocampers.com/2014--2017-Dodge-ProMaster-Lowered-Seat-Base-see-detailed-product-description-for-proper-use--available-April-2018_p_1837.html

I put myself on the waiting list, but ****, I want to get started. Thanks for keeponvanning, the swivels showed up like 2 days after I ordered them, the subwoofers are here, and I'm ready to build my table dammit! :)

Anyone know where I could get these, like now?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Van upgrades sells them, but they say they April for stock.

https://vanupgrades.com/products/promaster-lowered-seat-base-pedestal-for-seat-swivels

Multiple vendors in the UK sell them, but you'd have to get them to ship them to you and get them through customs. It's unlikely you'll get them here any sooner than April.

https://www.swivel-seats.com/fiat-ducato/fiat-ducato-dri-pass-base-box.html

Here are some pointers to distributors from the UK webpage:

http://leisurevehicleservices.co.uk/where-to-buy/buy-online/

It's unlikely someone on the forum will part with theirs if they ordered a pair, but stranger things have happened. I had to wait a while for mine, but when I was on the waiting list they shipped pretty promptly once they had stock.

Take the extra time to think about your table. I spent a couple hours in Lowes yesterday playing around with conduit and pipe and threaded knobs and such and I think I'm close to finishing my design that will be a synthesis of various others in the table thread.

·
Super Moderator
8,634 Posts
I ordered my swivels (not lowered bases) from the U.K. and saved $250. Got next day air delivery (it took 2 days because of weather delays) and no duty, tax, fees, etc.

·
Registered
222 Posts

I cut 2" out of my bases and welded back together. It was pretty straightforward and took about an hour to do a base. Made a huge difference for my wife. I only have the passenger seat done at this time. Also, I have a driver side swivel on the passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did the DIY lowered base also. Followed how atomicrider did theirs and it worked awesome. Not a hard job if you can find someone who welds. There must be a lot of unused stock bases out there to practice on? What are people doing with theirs once they order the lowered base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
Waste not want not. They're in my garage against one of the walls. I use one to corral the supports that I took off to install my windows. The other is used to contain various vertical stock that lean up against the wall.

I also put casters on my Motion windows crate and now it's my rolling stock holder. I'm debating putting a fold up tabletop on it to add a mobile workbench function.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had essentially overnight delivery on my swivels from europe and saved a bunch of money as well. I'll see if they can do that with the lowered bases too. Didn't know they had them there, thanks for the links!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I cut 2" out of my bases and welded back together. It was pretty straightforward and took about an hour to do a base. Made a huge difference for my wife. I only have the passenger seat done at this time. Also, I have a driver side swivel on the passenger side.
atomicrider and V.I.guy, I'm going to take my seat base in to a welder to get them lowered, is 1 hr a realistic amount of time for him to do the work? I'll remove the seat and seatbase from the van myself

·
Registered
83 Posts
atomicrider and V.I.guy, I'm going to take my seat base in to a welder to get them lowered, is 1 hr a realistic amount of time for him to do the work? I'll remove the seat and seatbase from the van myself
Hi papab,
An hour may be about right but I wasn't really timing it.
Here is how I went about it so maybe it will help you with a cost before hand.
In the first picture I used some bolts and nuts in the front holes and leveled off the base to the table. Use something to scribe out the top and bottom portion of the amount you want to cut out.The blue paint was so I could see my scribe lines on the base. I think I only cut out 1.5"? I removed material equal to the thickness of my swivel.
I used a large zip disc and cut on the top mark, removed the top half and then zipped off the 1.5". Then you can put the top half back on and because you leveled it off before you started you can now make sure it sits level and make any grinding adjustment if needed. You can see how the middle support now rests on top of itself and can be welded on all sides.

Best of luck!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience with purchasing your swivels in Europe. Do you happen to have the exact site? I'd like to do the same. Thanks.

Leslie

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A follow up on this. I went ahead and outsourced the cutting down of the bases. While I'm an ok welder, I like to weld non structual things and leave things like my life to the pros :)

Got charged $250 at the local welding shop and they kicked ass on these. Perfectly level, perfectly welded, and 1.75" removed. Much better than the lowered bases from Eurocampers that are never in stock. Since we cut down another 0.25" over normal, I had them cut down the top of emergency brake bracket and re-weld it. Going to be just fine with 2 bolts vs 3 there.

Thanks for the suggestions and the push to do the cut/weld vs buy!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Those of you who ordered swivels or lowered bases from Europe, what company did you order from? I went to the websites of a couple of UK sellers and had to put the items in a cart, put in lots of info and all said they did'nt ship the swivels to the US.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I got a passenger side lowered seat base and sportcraft swivel from eurocampers but they are out of stock of both now and unless im glued to my computer ill probably miss the next arrival of them.

Still looking for a UK/EU seller who sells to the US. Ive tried a few that have them in stock but none ship them to the US.

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those are for the swivels, and I got 2 of them, cheeeaaap. Those are not for the lowered bases though :(

1 - 20 of 48 Posts