Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see discussion around a group buy for a lowered seat base from a year or so ago that presumably does work with CTA swivel adapters, but I can't find anything available in the US now. Is anyone aware of another option available in the US for lowered seat bases that works with CTA adapters?

Although the description on eurocampers.com says that their Sportscraft lowered seat base (out of stock currently)* only works with Sportscraft swivel adapters, does anyone know why, or know if a CTA adapter could be made to work?

Thanks in advance!

* http://www.eurocampers.com/2014--20...roduct-description-for-proper-use_p_1837.html

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
This has been discussed and no one has tried them on CTA swivels. However the Sportscraft base is currently the only lowered base commercially available. It’s specifications seem to be the same as the origional base except for height so why wouldn’t it fit?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kevin D,

Yes I know why Eurocampers says only Sportscraft fits the sports craft lower base, they only sell the Sportcraft swivels.

Some of us asked them/tried to get them to bring in the lowered base a while back but where met with a total lack of interest. Apparently now that they are carrying them they have sold through on them.

Your CTA (and every other Euro swivel) will absolutely fit the Sportscraft lowered base. You can verify this yourself by comparing the bolt pattern/layout from the Sportscraft drawing I and other have posted on the forum (see attached here again) and your CTA swivel base (see attached CTA catalogue). In addition someone (sorry can't remember the thread) on this forum imported the Sportscraft base from Reimo through a friend in Europe and mated it to their CTA swivel with good results albeit had some fit issues with mounting bolt pattern for e-brake.

I have my name on the wait list at Eurocampers for the lower base as the price is very competitive as compared to an individual import with shipping, duties, brokerage etc.

Hope this helps

Dave

·
Registered
130 Posts
Kevin D,

I have my name on the wait list at Eurocampers for the lower base as the price is very competitive as compared to an individual import with shipping, duties, brokerage etc.

Hope this helps

Dave
I'm thinking about that option to, did they give you a delivery time estimate?

·
Registered
42 Posts
On 10/25, Eurocampers said 4-8 weeks out. Can't wait to get down from of the "balcony" seating of the swivel with a lower base.

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
411 Posts
I've given thought to lowering my seats, but the problem I fear I would have is that then my long legs would be sticking up - as it is my thighs are pretty much level and my shins are vertical.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Seat bases are back at Eurocampers; just got email tonight. I've ordered one to go under our passenger CTA swivel. Hope all the data on the forum regarding the fit is as good as it sounds. The spouse needs to be back down from the nose bleed elevation of the swivel and I'll appreciate my feet on the floor. We'll start with one and go from there.
I'll report on the anticipated success.
Merry Holidays to all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts