Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,282 Posts
Shoot, I was reading the title as you slammed your van.

·
Registered
800 Posts
And is that a "home made" swivel ? I've been looking at the bases , I can't see $250 for nice lowered bases when I have a sawzall and a MIG .
How about a few more details for inspiration .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And is that a "home made" swivel ? I've been looking at the bases , I can't see $250 for nice lowered bases when I have a sawzall and a MIG .
How about a few more details for inspiration .
Started with 2 $20 swivels from Sportsman Guide. The rest was designed around steel I already had. Cutting 1 1/2" out of the base was pretty easy with a sawzall and scrap bar stock to keep cuts straight. On the second base I'll cut that one angled center tube straight across now that I know they clear each other. I'll do a YouTube video on the next one. Still need to make a locking pin on the swivel and I think I just figured that out this evening while watching TV. JW :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great job. I make similar ones for my Sprinter years ago!
I was thinking of making new bases and saving the stock ones. Then I realized how easy it was to cut the stock ones down . So I said "screw that" making new ones! LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
I followed your idea and lowered my passenger seat base. I figured I would give it a try because if it didn't work I was going to have to order a lower base for my swivel anyhow. As far as all this van conversion stuff has gone this was one of the easier project to date. Thanks for the info!

The blue paint was just so my scribed lines would show up better on a lighter color and yes I did remember to weld it after,, :)

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I followed your idea and lowered my passenger seat base. I figured I would give it a try because if it didn't work I was going to have to order a lower base for my swivel anyhow. As far as all this van conversion stuff has gone this was one of the easier project to date. Thanks for the info!

The blue paint was just so my scribed lines would show up better on a lighter color and yes I did remember to weld it after,, :)
looking great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts