Ram Promaster Forum banner

Loud squeaks when driving over 55mph

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  uralwrench 
#1 ·
Hello!
Does anyone know what causes my Ram Promaster to squeak every time I drive over 55 mph? It is a 2019 Hymer Aktiv 2.0 conversion, but the Ram chassis is from 2018. The squeak seems to come from the front passenger tire area. I took it in to our local Ram dealer, and they kept it for a week, but couldn’t figure it out. They couldn’t get the squeak to replicate in the shop, only when driving over 55mph on the freeway. They said that everything was tight, and they did not see anything worn out, so they said to drive it until it gets worse, and then bring it back. If I can figure out how to post a video so that you can hear it, I will. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

#5 ·
Are you sure that your emergency brake is fully off? I know you said front, but sometimes sound travels and you think it's coming from one area, but it's really somewhere else. If it's not your emergency brake, try taking the front tires off, then put them back on making sure the lugs are equally tightened.

If you have an infared thermometer, drive over 55 for awhile, then stop and measure the temps at all 4 wheels, if one is higher than the others you have identified the problem wheel. Perhaps a brake is hanging up.

Keep us posted.

#7 ·
Thank you to everyone for your helpful comments. After attempting so many things, the problem turned out to be a poorly sealed windshield. In another forum a user suggested that I use painter's tape to seal up the side of the windshield near the squeak, and it worked! I'll call our Ram dealer tomorrow to see if they can reseal it. I would assume that it would be covered under warranty as a manufacture defect. Thanks again for everyone's help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.