Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. " https://www.promasterforum.com/threads/prospective-forum-members-please-read-first.85637/ "
Hey all!

Last night I replaced my front struts after driving around with them being blown out for a long time. Took off afterwards and now I'm getting a clanking as if the CV Axle is getting caught on is spin somewhere. With the van up on stands and putting into park and then in reverse the transmission moves alot when it's first going into gear and then will clank when the axle starts spinning. I tried to show in the video how it seems to be delayed when it starts to spin, like its getting caught up on something, then continuing to move. In the video I press the brake a few times, but it mostly makes the noise when it's first starting out. While driving it will shake pretty hard, then it will go away as if nothings wrong.

2014 Ram Promaster 2500 HR 159WB

Just looking to see if anyone has any ideas on what I may have done when I replaced the struts to cause this, or what could be causing this issue.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
1,227 Posts
Hey all!

Last night I replaced my front struts after driving around with them being blown out for a long time. Took off afterwards and now I'm getting a clanking as if the CV Axle is getting caught on is spin somewhere. With the van up on stands and putting into park and then in reverse the transmission moves alot when it's first going into gear and then will clank when the axle starts spinning. I tried to show in the video how it seems to be delayed when it starts to spin, like its getting caught up on something, then continuing to move. In the video I press the brake a few times, but it mostly makes the noise when it's first starting out. While driving it will shake pretty hard, then it will go away as if nothings wrong.

2014 Ram Promaster 2500 HR 159WB

Just looking to see if anyone has any ideas on what I may have done when I replaced the struts to cause this, or what could be causing this issue.

Thanks!
Have you inspected the drivetrain mounts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts