Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 159wb highroof that I used for work. no longer doing that job so thinking about converting her to a little camper. Got some floor plans that i'd like some input on! so I know this is a little unconventional and winds up sort of making the side door useless but I like how it leaves open the back for loading larger toys. haven't done it yet but the counter could get shifted down and a fridge placed in the empty space on either end. power components and fresh water tank could be placed under the bed keeping most of the weight centered instead of sitting over the rear axle.

other layout could be more conventional and "home-y".

I know it basically comes down to what I want to do with it more primarily but wondering what all ideas and concerns you guys come up with!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Welcome,
My galley obstructs part of the sliding door leaving a bit over 24” to enter. It is fine as I am not loading pallets in that 54” door. Many european camper converters do the same. I also have the overhead cabinets. Check out my build thread mentioned below.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
Borgia,

My overhead cabinets are not too deep, just enough to cover all the goofy metalwork at the junction of the roof and walls. I still haven't filled them with "stuff" yet!

The front cabinet behind the drivers seat turned out to be a great place to distribute and centralize all of my 12V electrical.

This thread on floorplans may be useful. Please add yours!

Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response guys! the first layout pic I have is actually backwards, I should of explained that. the bed is behind the front seats, basically taking up the entire sliding door. definitely not ideal but it makes storing the electrical and heavier equipment more central as Proeddie said. plus leaves the back open for my motorcycles and toys, if I so choose not to haul a trailer.

I've been looking at both of your pages long before I ended up posting this and have got a lot of information, thank you! either of you know how to do anything with the clipboard? I can't figure out how to move it and it seems weird that it just lays down like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response guys! RD, I've been reading your stuff for a while. great work! thanks for the floorplan thread also Eddie!

I am curious as to everyones thoughts on the bed right behind the driver seats, it will basically cover the entire side door but like eddie said is nice for centralizing the weight and running electric from. not a very conventional way to do things but I think could work out well. but hard to go away from a more conventional floorplan since it's easier to get everything you want and still have a good amount of space!

·
Registered
25 Posts
We found most of the rebuilds have the doorway obstructed :( Since Mike is in wheelchair we need all the space to get in the PM We too are figuring out the layout to camperize

1 - 7 of 7 Posts