Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Professional Master Expert Gurus.

I drove a 2500 High Roof 159 this week and liked it OK - vehicle I drove had no windows however. I am used to small-medium, low to ground cars and my Chevy Colorado single cab... so I did not feel comfortable with the visibility and length of the van in traffic. Anyways, I've determined I will be pretty happy with the 137" high roof. I'll post my discussion topics in other sections.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome!

True, the seating and view is a bit different. To me it's more like a cross between a VW Van and a Semi. When in VW Van thought mode, it is larger yet accelerates and stops faster. When in Semi truck thought mode, OMG I'm driving a sports car!!! Get your mirrors set good, check em twice, don't be in too much of a hurry to maneuver, remember to check for low clearances, you'll be fine. Cavernous box area will hold lots of gear.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you get a window in the passenger side slider door, that can make a big difference in visibility and ease of driving.

·
Registered
371 Posts
When we first had our van it had no window in the slider. Boy was that a pain. You never realize how many intersections you need to look that way to check for traffic. If you get a good deal on one without the window you can have a window installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a side window and it's great to have especially when merging left to right. I love the ride height. Minus the semi trucks you can pretty much see all of the traffic ahead of you which gives you more time to react in dangerous situations.

I backup into a very small loading garage every morning, between the camera and backup sensors it's a breeze compared to my old E-350.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts