Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
My Seitz has worked flawlessly, worth the bucks!

I like the idea of this window, but have a couple of questions. First of all, does it offer any screening or is it even possible to add a screen? And secondly how secure do you think it is when closed? Does it have some type of locking tabs or could you just pry it open from the bottom?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I like the idea of this window, but have a couple of questions. First of all, does it offer any screening or is it even possible to add a screen? And secondly how secure do you think it is when closed? Does it have some type of locking tabs or could you just pry it open from the bottom?
It has BOTH a bug and privacy screen on a built-in roller system, you can use either screen, a combination, or neither. The window has four (4) locking tabs - you would need to destroy the window to open it from the outside.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Does this fit the cut out for a fixed window?

I have a factory fixed window now.
Sorry, can't answer that. Mine had no window in the slider and I wasn't around when they cut the hole.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nurse Ben,

I can answer for Steve, none of the the Seitz model windows are made to fit factory fixed window cut out. They have many models and sizes but they are all rectangles or square.

The model Steve has installed is only available to up-fitters and RV builders. Dometic only makes two models that are available to general public, the most commonly used by DIY (in Europe) is the S4 and the newest model specific to the Ducato is the S7P. The S7P is manufactured to match the Ducato/PM wall radius of 5m.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why Awning windows ?

Awning windows which are gliding provide a pleasant slimline architectural appearance to our homes. There are different types of window designs in use today. Awning windows stands out available in the market. It provides 50% ventilation area, since it cannot be fully opened. It does not allow rain water inside and lets rain inside. The Window installation services like Canglow Windows and Doors Inc. (http://canglow.ca/windows/awnings/ ) provide different designs and styles for Awning installation and replacement services.Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do I order the S7P window for my Promaster?

Nurse Ben,

I can answer for Steve, none of the the Seitz model windows are made to fit factory fixed window cut out. They have many models and sizes but they are all rectangles or square.

The model Steve has installed is only available to up-fitters and RV builders. Dometic only makes two models that are available to general public, the most commonly used by DIY (in Europe) is the S4 and the newest model specific to the Ducato is the S7P. The S7P is manufactured to match the Ducato/PM wall radius of 5m.

Cheers,

Dave
Hi Dave,
I am a little lost on how to order the S7P window. What size would I order for the four sides of my Promaster 159 HB? What website can I order the windows?
Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 136 hi top with the factory windows in the rear doors, I am thinking about installing the motion windows in the 2 rear quarter panel sides as those would be the only windows that open and the laurence widows only offer windows that open on drivers side. would the motion windows look strange next to the rear full glass windows as I am not sure how else to get an opening window on the passenger side as the slider door would crash into it when opening.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm working on adding an "awning-style" secondary window to my Motion windows to deflect the rain while they are open. It's on the back-burner right now, but I've purchased this plastic hinge and a few other parts.

https://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/handles_hinges_latches/flex_fold_2_hinge/124

The idea is to glue one end of this hinge to the outer frame of the Motion window and the other end to a sheet of acrylic using acrylic solvent. Still working to resolve a "push-stick" to prop the awning open. I bought some small acrylic hinges for that and I'm trying to decide whether to use a smaller strip of acrylic sheet for the prop or use an acrylic rod. The flex hinge is rather stiff, so all that's needed is something to prop it open and fold out of the way when closed. To use it you'd open the window and the screen, then fold down and deploy the push-stick and close the screen.

My ASCII-art fu is failing me now, but if anyone's interested I'll post a drawing or picture later.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts