Ram Promaster Forum banner

Looking for place to park n plug my van near Atlanta

449 10
Hello. I’m in the middle of a 3-month road trip and need to fly back to Seattle for a funeral next week. I’m currently in Asheville, NC, and am heading to Hilton Head Island, SC, next. I need to fly out of Atlanta and leave my van for 3-4 days but I have a fridge full of food so need to be able to plug it in while I’m gone. Do any of you live in this area or know someone who does and have space for a 159” high roof van to park? Thanks for helping me out 😊
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hello. I’m in the middle of a 3-month road trip and need to fly back to Seattle for a funeral next week. I’m currently in Asheville, NC, and am heading to Hilton Head Island, SC, next. I need to fly out of Atlanta and leave my van for 3-4 days but I have a fridge full of food so need to be able to plug it in while I’m gone. Do any of you live in this area or know someone who does and have space for a 159” high roof van to park? Thanks for helping me out 😊
No solar? Secure lot with no trees is not an option?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Last time I was up in Asheville there were a number of 'free spirits' wandering around that would likely appreciate a free meal.
I was there last summer, the side walks are packed with dudes lounging on every flat surface.

And the two guys with machetes horsing around in front of the police station in the downtown. I told my 70 year old mother who was mostly oblivious, we need to move along.

And that lumber jack lady with massive thighs and a kitty on her shoulder.

And that guy with a handful of dollar bills fanned out in one hand, walking and talking on a cell phone with no battery.

And then that time, years ago some Tom Waitsie dude told my wife and her friend to enjoy their menstrual cycles as we passed by.

Yes, I think "free spirits" describes it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

I don't live in the area, but did a quick search for campgrounds near Atlanta using duckduckgo.com

This is one of the listing that came up. According to the listing, it is 30 minutes drive south of downtown, which might make it not too far from the airport. It has been a while since I was in Atlanta so not certain.

If it really is that close, then it might be possible to get a taxi to the airport.

On mapquest it looks possibly viable as they are both along I75 on the south side of Atlanta.

Reactions: Van vs Wild

·
Registered
628 Posts
I was there last summer, the side walks are packed with dudes lounging on every flat surface.

And the two guys with machetes horsing around in front of the police station in the downtown. I told my 70 year old mother who was mostly oblivious, we need to move along.

And that lumber jack lady with massive thighs and a kitty on her shoulder.

And that guy with a handful of dollar bills fanned out in one hand, walking and talking on a cell phone with no battery.

And then that time, years ago some Tom Waitsie dude told my wife and her friend to enjoy their menstrual cycles as we passed by.

Yes, I think "free spirits" describes it. :)
Sounds like you visited the “Internet” in real life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts