Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first off, completely happy with the PM. Have to give the spare parts a D- though. The MOPAR site is [email protected] with horrible drawings. The dealership can't seem to figure out any of the parts I'm looking for. I end up spending a good deal of time on European sites finding what I need for this campervan/daily driver searching for Ducato mods.

A few items that have not been so easy to find and I'm hoping someone knows where:

1 - the push in plugs for the interior panels. they are 5/16" from what I can tell and I cannot find an exact match after-market. The parts guy at the dealership thinks they are $10 each. I need about 50 (prefer white) to put in lower panels that I am making myself.

2 - interior panel material and/or pattern. I would be willing to pay someone to make good ABS 1/8" thick type lower panels. So far, I've only heard about getting panels from TAP Plastics. I'm not interested in the full height industrial type panels from the couple vendors selling them.

3 - plastic pop-in covers for openings in frame. I think we have about 100+ openings all over the back in the frames. Some oval, square, rectangles, circles, hexagons etc. Only a couple have pop-in cover panels from the factory. are there after market plastic covers for any of these?

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
You can get just about anything from Amazon or eBay if you just look for it (very cheap)! Forget about getting it from Ram!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok, first off, completely happy with the PM. Have to give the spare parts a D- though. The MOPAR site is [email protected] with horrible drawings. The dealership can't seem to figure out any of the parts I'm looking for. I end up spending a good deal of time on European sites finding what I need for this campervan/daily driver searching for Ducato mods.

A few items that have not been so easy to find and I'm hoping someone knows where:

1 - the push in plugs for the interior panels. they are 5/16" from what I can tell and I cannot find an exact match after-market. The parts guy at the dealership thinks they are $10 each. I need about 50 (prefer white) to put in lower panels that I am making myself.

2 - interior panel material and/or pattern. I would be willing to pay someone to make good ABS 1/8" thick type lower panels. So far, I've only heard about getting panels from TAP Plastics. I'm not interested in the full height industrial type panels from the couple vendors selling them.

3 - plastic pop-in covers for openings in frame. I think we have about 100+ openings all over the back in the frames. Some oval, square, rectangles, circles, hexagons etc. Only a couple have pop-in cover panels from the factory. are there after market plastic covers for any of these?

thanks!
Are this the ones that You are looking for?

Here a link with OEM part number Fiat 1301019808 (are used by many other cars). black color
http://www.foxcar.it/prodotto/bottone-per-fissaggi-pannelli-interni-su-fiat-ducato/

and these in white (no oem code)
http://www.foxcar.it/prodotto/bottone-in-plastica-coloreb-bianco-bper-fissaggi-pannelli-interni-con-lungtot-2320-mm-testa-o-22-mm-gambo-da-95-mm-per-fori-o-8-mm/

For USD 10 + taxes You buy a bag of 40 - 50.

·
Registered
167 Posts
remember that there are many UK, Irish, and Dutch sites that deal in Ducato/Jumper/Boxer parts - they have no (or not much) trouble with English ;-)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just what I was looking for.
Now, figure out how to order them in Italian?
Thanks for the link.
I think You could find an equivalent clip there, since it costs more trasportation than the clips.

The same clips are used in other Fiat Professional (and Peugeot/Citroen Bozer/Jumper Ducato's twins), Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia vehicles.

In the photo above You have the dimensions, the clip type is "fir tree" (yesterday I didn't remembered the name :) ) and should fit in 8 mm hole (but I am sure pf the hole size, but is close to 5/16" that You wrote about).

Usually You find it in black, but also in "natural" plastic color, but also in white, grey, beige, ...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I found these push in plugs are actually very common and can be bought online or in any city with an auto parts supplier that sell to auto body shops or industrial suppliers that focus on automotive parts and supplies. The main thing as others said here; don't worry about it being a Fiat part just get the size close. The push pins are made to have a wide tolerance on fit, so close counts.

As for filling all the holes through out the PM good luck on that;)

Dave

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dave, I have tried the auto parts suppliers in Calgary.
Close, is not good enough.
Of the 4 large body shop suppliers, none have anything close.
A lot look like they will fit, but are all too small.
I have gone in a different direction in securing my panels.
But if I do find 20 or so, I will fix 1 panel with the fir trees.
Thanks, again

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dave, I have tried the auto parts suppliers in Calgary.
Close, is not good enough.
Of the 4 large body shop suppliers, none have anything close.
A lot look like they will fit, but are all too small.
I have gone in a different direction in securing my panels.
But if I do find 20 or so, I will fix 1 panel with the fir trees.
Thanks, again
Big wally,

Sorry to here you are having challenges finding the push pins, Did you Try:

http://www.greggdistributors.ca/calgary.htm

http://www.greggdistributors.ca/calgFoothills.htm

Happy hunting,

Dave

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks Dave
Yes, I tried Greggs.
These are a metric size.
I am going to metal screws and washers to secure my interior panels.
Tired of looking

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Awesome.

I am finding looking for stuff using Fiat Ducato off the European websites to be the best at this point.

I guess I'll keep looking for someplace that sells plastic pop-ins for all the other openings. We get two lights in the back, just seems odd a part was never developed to pop in the other openings.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Make sure you get them 10mm wide. The most common ones have an 8mm stem and that is the same size as the hole. I ordered some white 10mm clips that should arrive tomorrow or the next day. I paid a little less than $9 for 100.

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
Make sure you get them 10mm wide. The most common ones have an 8mm stem and that is the same size as the hole. I ordered some white 10mm clips that should arrive tomorrow or the next day. I paid a little less than $9 for 100.
Please post your source as I may use white as well.

·
Registered
Diesel PM, 2015, 2500 hi-top
142 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
xmass tree retainer clips at O'Reilly's???

I measured my xmas tree clips stem as loose fit in a 10mm hole, frim fit in a .375"(3/8) hole and just fit in a .390"(25/64) hole. I downloaded the Disco automotive catalog and on page 83 there are two that should work 5710pk and 9352pk. I believe this is the clip everyone is looking for 5710pk, 3/8” (9.5mm) Hole Size, Panel Range: .115” - .565”, Head: 1” Stem length: 27/32
Shipping charge is to high from O'Reillys go elsewhere

1 - 20 of 25 Posts