Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've actually been visiting this forum since sometime in late 2013 when the ProMaster had been announced but not yet released, and based largely on all of the great information people have posted on here, we finally bought a 3500 Cargo High Roof 159WB Ext several months ago. I say "finally" because we agonized over the decision for almost an entire year.

We have been running Chevy/GM cutaway vans for a couple of decades, our newest being a pair from 2006. During the summer of 2013 we blew an engine on one of them at around 185k miles. Gas prices kept getting up over $4/gal, so we were becoming much more fuel-conscious very quickly, and we began eyeing the Sprinter vans. We decided at the time to just replace the blown engine, but it didn't even make it another few months before other major problems took it back off the road. Right about then the ProMaster announcement caught my eye, and not long after that so did this forum.

We spent a whole busy-season heavily relying solely on what was previously just our secondary truck, which was already at 200k mostly-highway-miles itself, and this made us very nervous. So during the summer of 2014 I poured over every bit of information I could about the Sprinter, the ProMaster, and the upcoming Transit. Just as our next busy season was starting, we finally made our decision.

And we're thrilled with it! Other than the noisy brakes, we're very much satisfied with our investment. We had to hastily upfit it because our season was already kicking into high-hear, and we had only ever outfitted cutaway cargo bodies before, so we weren't sure what was going to work for us in the more compact space. Now that we've used it for most of a season, we have tons of ideas on how to customize it to even better suit our needs (we install stoves and fireplaces.)

So with our slow-time approaching (Spring) we're starting to prepare to make those improvements and I want to document it all here to hopefully help or inspire someone else since this forum has helped us so much. So that's the long version of my story to show you where I'm coming from; I'll keep it shorter in the future. :)

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Welcome on the forum and don't feel obligated to make it shorter, we love long stories here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome on the forum and don't feel obligated to make it shorter, we love long stories here!
With that kind of talk, I'm going to be titling my posts with chapter numbers in no time!

Looking forward to seeing if you put a wood burning stove in the back!

Welcome,
Ed
Well technically we put a wood stove in the back several times per week... :p

Quite some time ago, a friend of ours that owns another hearth shop built a trailer complete with metal chimney stacks and burning wood stoves (he takes it to fairs and events.) We've been tempted to do that in the back of every truck we've owned since. Especially come January/February!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts