Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered a zion-roadtrek promaster.

My question is -what is the longest amount of time that you have gone without starting up the promaster and still been able to start.it.

i'm trying to guage how long it takes the parasistic loads on the promaster starting battery to make the battery unable to start the vans.

thanks,
gerry

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have just ordered a zion-roadtrek promaster.

My question is -what is the longest amount of time that you have gone without starting up the promaster and still been able to start.it.

i'm trying to guage how long it takes the parasistic loads on the promaster starting battery to make the battery unable to start the vans.

thanks,
gerry
I can't help answer your question, but if it's a big concern for you you could easily add a battery shutoff to be used when the van will sit for extended periods. Another option would be a small trickle charging solar panel tied into the battery.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Don't do that - you'll erase all the computer learning and any stored codes (not all codes light the check engine light, nor are all viewable from a parts-store code reader).

That said, I don't think mine has ever sat for more than a week. Are you interested because it's a motorhome that's going to sit for extended periods?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't do that - you'll erase all the computer learning and any stored codes (not all codes light the check engine light, nor are all viewable from a parts-store code reader).

That said, I don't think mine has ever sat for more than a week. Are you interested because it's a motorhome that's going to sit for extended periods?
might be sometimes:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on storing it 8 miles from where i live.

i fully intend to go and start it up periodically.

i prefer not to go every week.

every 2 weeks seems ok to me.

anybody think iot could not do 2 weeks?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Do you have power there?
If so you can use a Dellran Battery Tender plus. It is designed to store battery's.
I have one and I store an old classic car with an old classic battery that cost me
over $350 for the battery. So I use the Battery tender.

Battery's lose power over time all by them self's. If the battery is kept at %100 then
the battery will last a long long time.
The Battery Tender is very small and will fit under the hood. You can connect it to the
boosting points in the front.Battery's do not last long if stored for a period of time over and
over again.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
If its going to be parked outside, they sell small PV panels that you can put in the windshield that deliver a small charge to the battery when the sun is out.

I've purchased them on ebay and had good results and had good results on my tractor, but have not tried it on the PM yet.

Gary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lectric plug in not available.

i am aware of solar charging trickl charger but i am mostly interested in

people who do nothing special and how long the van will last without no starting

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts