Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on Sprinters for years now and always respected Dodge/Freightliner and now Mercedes for bringing in these "Euro" workvans before they were popular. Things about the Promaster that I find really attractive are:
  • Front Weel Drive
  • Low load floor (because of FWD)
  • Diesel option
  • Price

·
Super Moderator
10,659 Posts
Welcome. As a long time Sprinter owner myself I can tell you you will never want to get near another one after you get a Promaster!

·
Registered
39 Posts
As a former sprinter owner, I happen to agree with KeepOnVaning. I really like the promaster. I like the turning radius you get with the FWD; and as a contractor I really appreciate the lower floor. No Regrets.

BTW if you really like to work on sprinters, I got a deal for you!

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
The 3.0L I4 is a very good diesel and once FCA got the beta testing done on the emissions control system it has ben super low maintenance and repairs. It has a manual transmission too! A robot shifts and runs the clutch. We all smile each time it happens! I had a VW Westfallia and then an F150 truck and camper. This thing's everything they aren’t.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have had 2 Sprinter DIY campers and now a PM gasser DIY camper. I much prefer the PM for the front wheel drive and better handling. Initial cost is lower. My gasser PM gets MPG only about 15% lower than the Sprinter diesel. The much lower maintenance cost for the PM gasser makes up for the use of a bit more fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts