Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long Island checking in. Will be ordering a Grey 2015 159 next week, 95% loaded for a Stealth Camper build out in the spring. Was told about 4 Months lead time. BTW - You can now "Build and Price" a 2015 on the RAM Site. Great site here. I have been noting a lot of valuable info here and plan on sharing much back as well.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Welcome, from a CT (across the pond) PM'er !

The two things I wish I had on my van (on-the-lot purchase, not ordered) are cruise control and the lumbar seat. I miss them in my PM after driving my Dodge Journey!

Hoping for a speedy delivery,
Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Long Island checking in. Will be ordering a Grey 2015 159 next week, 95% loaded for a Stealth Camper build out in the spring. Was told about 4 Months lead time. BTW - You can now "Build and Price" a 2015 on the RAM Site. Great site here. I have been noting a lot of valuable info here and plan on sharing much back as well.
i am looking to make a stealth camper also and i wonder about length for one --is it too long to park in a metered street parking spot?--i am thinking about the 3500 extended promaster...

is there an easy way to mouth a generator that its kind of hidden and unobtrusive for power and a/c and i can run it off of the gas tank jay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jay,
I could not justify the extra $3k for the extended, plus like you mentioned it's much better to be the 14" shorter. The 159 regular body at 19.5 feet will fit in a regular parking space. I'm going with the concept of the less permanent mountable stuff the more flexible the van will be. I will most likely go with one of the Honda small portable generators. You won't be stealth with any generator running in the middle of the night on a city street.
I have read on this site that the gas tank comes with a second tap on it for a gen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, from a CT (across the pond) PM'er !

The two things I wish I had on my van (on-the-lot purchase, not ordered) are cruise control and the lumbar seat. I miss them in my PM after driving my Dodge Journey!

Hoping for a speedy delivery,
Ed
Hi Ed,

Ouch! No Cruise Control. Did you know it did not have it when you bought it?
I could not survive even on a short trip with out it. - Scott

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
i am looking to make a stealth camper also and i wonder about length for one --is it too long to park in a metered street parking spot?--i am thinking about the 3500 extended promaster...

is there an easy way to mouth a generator that its kind of hidden and unobtrusive for power and a/c and i can run it off of the gas tank jay
Some parking restrictions are 20ft max so that would be a problem for a 159 ext. Check with your local parking enforcement.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Hi Ed,

Ouch! No Cruise Control. Did you know it did not have it when you bought it?
I could not survive even on a short trip with out it. - Scott
Yes, I knew, but it was buy a van with (almost) everything I wanted NOW, or wait months to get one on order. I really wanted a graphite metallic outside, and everything around me seemed to be white! Went 2 states away (VT) to get one. MY CT dealer was not happy, but didn't have anything but white.

The seating position is OK for me at 5'5", but the "angle of the ankle" is a bit tiring on a long run. I have seen the posts on the aftermarket cruise, and may move forward on that if I really need to.

Ed

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Hi Jay,
I could not justify the extra $3k for the extended, plus like you mentioned it's much better to be the 14" shorter. The 159 regular body at 19.5 feet will fit in a regular parking space. I'm going with the concept of the less permanent mountable stuff the more flexible the van will be. I will most likely go with one of the Honda small portable generators. You won't be stealth with any generator running in the middle of the night on a city street.
I have read on this site that the gas tank comes with a second tap on it for a gen.
In line with the "less permanent mountable stuff" concept, I've been thinking about one of those cargo trays plugged into my hitch that would have a propane tank and a Honda 2000 in an mostly enclosed box. Only attached when using the PM for a trip. I'd just put gas in the Honda tank.

I put the hitch on myself for less than $125. It was easy to install and offers lots of ways to use it - back step, ham radio antenna mount, gen/gas tray, etc.

Ed
(2500... 159 WB Hi Roof... perfect size!)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do the new pm have swivel seats as an option ? I looked at the build on the Canada pm and looks like you can order with a passenger swivel seat. How about USA models ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Do the new pm have swivel seats as an option ? I looked at the build on the Canada pm and looks like you can order with a passenger swivel seat. How about USA models ?
Swivel seats are now showing up on the Ramtrucks build site for 2015. My dealer tells me they are in his ordering guide but he cannot select it yet. The Donlen website says they will start production on swivel seats on 12/15/2014. That has been moved up from 1/1/15 when I checked last week.

Here is the link to the latest Donlen info:

http://donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts