Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do anything out of ordinary in locking their rear and side doors? I'm looking for something a little more low profile then the typical puck locks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not sure of any aside from puck locks.
Where are you located? I guess you're area is bad or you just want to make sure it's as secure as it can be?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the outskirts of Vancouver BC and area is quite good but I'm planning on traveling with it quite a bit. I may end up leaving at airport parking lot for a while.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Catalin, did you ever find anything that fits your needs? I've got to look for something for mine now that it's on the road.
The Cargolock would work for swingout doors but I can't see how they would work for the side sliding door. Besides, I don't really want another key fob.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with a pair of the slick locks puck locks. They work well but the side door bracket spaces out the door just enough that the electrical contacts don't touch and the power lock and interior light don't work properly.

I haven't had a lot of time lately to mess with it.. but I'm sure it can be fixed.

www.slicklocks.com

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
It's pretty easy to just pop out a vent window or even just smash the glass and get in. It seems like just inviting trouble to have extra locks on a vehicle that give anyone the idea there is something worth stealing inside so it's something I wouldn't even consider but the most valuable thing in my van is my iPad other than the van itself:eek:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree but mine doesn't have any windows in the back and I sometimes have quite a bit of valuable gear in there. I don't want to take any chances.

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
I suppose if there is an outside lock on all the doors they can't open them from inside if they get in but the door glass is still the weak link. Do you have a lockable partition?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thaks catalin. Just some thoughts after working out of the back of my PM today. My PM doesn't have windows in the rear and there's a solid partition with a small window behind the seats so that's pretty secure. Since I don't use the side door, I'm going to latch it from the inside. I'm also going to build a flip down work platform at the rear of the van which will have locks to keep it upright when travelling so that would be another piece of security for the thieves to have to get through before they can open the door. At least that's what I planned for today.................

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can put removable steel plates (mending bars) on all of the rear doors from the inside. Almost nobody can get through those. Put a cross of steel plates over your roof vent as the latest thing is crooks prying out your Maxxair vent with a crowbar and shoving their kid in the hole to hand stuff up to them. Take a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade and cut a door in your partition and hinge it with huge hinges and two Master super locks. Anybody that can get through all that before getting caught deserves to get your stuff.

You can add a remote notification alarm system and a Critter Cam to catch them in the act.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts