Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The following assumes the back doors are already locked, I use my PM as my daily driver too and leave the back locked when I am using it as such.

I recently discovered much my chagrin that if you lock the driver door with your key (as opposed to using the fob) that it does not lock the passenger door. Which is strange because if you unlock the driver door with the key it also unlocks the pass. door. I've been locking the driver door assuming it also locked the pass door since I've owned the van, for about a year and a half - all that time the pass door has been left unlocked! Nothing ever happened as a result, fortunately, but it is unsettling knowing that it could have.

Did you all realize this?

·
Registered
358 Posts
The following assumes the back doors are already locked, I use my PM as my daily driver too and leave the back locked when I am using it as such.

I recently discovered much my chagrin that if you lock the driver door with your key (as opposed to using the fob) that it does not lock the passenger door. Which is strange because if you unlock the driver door with the key it also unlocks the pass. door. I've been locking the driver door assuming it also locked the pass door since I've owned the van, for about a year and a half - all that time the pass door has been left unlocked! Nothing ever happened as a result, fortunately, but it is unsettling knowing that it could have.

I CANT duplicate your problem on my Promaster. Using the key locks and unlocks BOTH of my front doors, same as using the fob.

·
Super Moderator
10,635 Posts
And, if you have modified the BU camera to work on a switch and that switch is on, even if the key is out, the lights will flash once but the doors won't lock. Same thing if the windows are down more than a few inches. You have to watch for the 3 flashes from the lights to be sure everything is locked!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,683 Posts
Mine locks (or unlocks) the passenger door when I lock (or unlock) the driver door. I can hear the mechanism clunking on both when I turn the key on the driver door. Same for the remote.

I agree with the rear door / slider situation....sometimes I have to think about what I'm doing and in what order, to lock the van cargo area.

KOV's got me wondering about the window thing. I made a screen filler for the passenger window at night. It leaves the window about 2/3 open. Seems like when I've locked the front, the telltale blinking lights didn't happen, even with the window insert in. I thought it was locked.

First thing on my list for tomorrow morning.:confused:

Ed

·
Registered
81 Posts

That was one of my earliest complaints. I'm always working out of the back of my van and if I needed something from the front, I had to unlock the drivers door which also unlocked the passenger door. The only way I could relock the passenger door was to close the rear doors, hit the lock button on the fob, and then unlock the rear door with the key. Never thought that other vans would be different. Going to have to ask the dealer about that now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
"all that time the pass door has been left unlocked" How do you know? Might have just started failing to lock recently. I can hear the pass door "click" when using non fob key.

·
Super Moderator
10,635 Posts
And, if you have modified the BU camera to work on a switch and that switch is on, even if the key is out, the lights will flash once but the doors won't lock. Same thing if the windows are down more than a few inches. You have to watch for the 3 flashes from the lights to be sure everything is locked!
I just tried locking the doors (with the key fob) with the front windows all the way down and it did lock all the doors! I haven't tried this since the uConnect update so perhaps they changed this also?

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,683 Posts
I just tried locking the doors (with the key fob) with the front windows all the way down and it did lock all the doors! I haven't tried this since the uConnect update so perhaps they changed this also?
Mine appear to lock regardless of window position too.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Just like Windows 10, won't go for the update ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts