Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought it was a bit shitty to not have it lock as standard (or just have a gas cap release near the driver) like cars... Ah well, I just bought a locking cap!
Agreed- we spend a fortune on vehicles and then maybe a bunch more on alarms etc, but leave the engine 'door' wide open to vandalism/destruction. Well worth the price of a locking cap.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Yes, the gas cap door not being a locking one is one of the silliest oversights of our PMs. How expensive could it have been?

Even some of the cheapest cars sold in N. America have them:

·
Super Moderator
8,599 Posts
It would have cost nothing to hinge the gas door flap the other way with a tab behind the drivers door to keep it " locked" al la Sprinters!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
maybe a few of these will reduced the odds
View attachment 64232
Ha - my dog barked one night in a business parking lot in Sacramento- Next morning I found my locking cap in pieces on the ground- channel locks? Turns out those guys I heard outside must have been looking to siphon my diesel (it didn't have those bright decals).

Guess the puppy scared em off! :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Bought a Stant 10508 and it came in yesterday. Perfect fit on my 14 gasser and the lock seems to work fine. Not gonna bother tethering it as I never liked having it hang there against the paint anyways. One key on the ring with the fob and spare in the glove box for just in case.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts