Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a locking fuel/def cap? I'm looking for them to use on my diesel. So green and blue would be best. It sounds like the system could easily be tainted and cause a lot of problems. Van is in production line this week.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I toyed with reversing the hinges so the fuel door opened suicide style. Then a tab added to its front edge would be behind the drivers door when closed and so it is locked without a key! I like the IDEA but someone else is going to have to source the hardware and post up what works.

Reactions: SewerRatz

·
Registered
121 Posts
I toyed with reversing the hinges so the fuel door opened suicide style. Then a tab added to its front edge would be behind the drivers door when closed and so it is locked without a key! I like the IDEA but someone else is going to have to source the hardware and post up what works.
That is how the fuel door cover works on my dodge sprinter. Great way to keep people out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great idea

·
Registered
102 Posts
fuel door

RD, that's the way they work in Europe.
I am thinking about, actually making a metal door (buddy has a sheetmetal shop)
Will try it in the spring.
Still too cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts