Ram Promaster Forum banner

Locking doors

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  michaelingp 
#1 ·
The rocker button on my driver's armrest only locks and unlocks the side and rear cargo doors. Once in the vehicle I haven't discovered any way to lock the driver's and passenger doors without using the key fob. Once the key is inserted into the ignition and the engine is turned on the fob doesn't work to lock the driver's and passenger doors or did I miss something.

I was just wonderin' if I was sitting somewhere with the engine idling and a bad guy was lookin' or acting like he was gonna approach my door and open it I wouldn't be able to lock the door on my side or my wife's side without first turning off the engine. My equalizer is always available but would rather just lock the door to head off any further trouble. Again am I missing somethin'? Seems like there ought to be a mechanical way to lock the front doors from inside without the key fob. :|

#4 ·
thanks guys, geez...probably in the manual....just missed it I guess.

#7 ·
Well showed my wife that big ol' button on the dash with the most obvious graphic screaming "unlock me here". Looks at me and says grinning, "Well darlin' somedays we look pretty smart and then there's those days when reality sets in." Yep, reckon there'll be more of those days to come. We love the button. Wife's in charge of it.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.