Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure where to post this one so I will start here.

I have a 2016 RAM Promaster 2500 Diesel. I have converted it to a small RV. Everything has been working just fine. Recently had the 40,000 mile service.

Was away from my Promaster/Campsite for the day just out touring the town. When I returned at 7pm in the evening my neighbor at the Campsite said the lights on my Promaster were blinking like crazy around 5pm (2 hours prior to my return). He said he did NOT see anyone try to get in to my vehicle and there does NOT seem to be any indication of a break-in (no damage/nothing missing). I do NOT have an alarm system on my Promaster.

What has changed? Prior to the light show that my neighbor said he saw displayed, when I used my REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE) transmitter to unlock or lock my vehicle the turn signal lights would flash ONCE to acknowledge the unlock/lock signal. Now when I use the REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE) transmitter the turn signal lights STAY ON until I press the same command a second time (lock/unlock)?!?!

Any suggestions as to what the heck has happened?

Thanks!

-Michael

EDIT #1 -- Embarrassed to say this but I do NOT remember the "Central Door Lock Switch" blinking constantly when the doors are locked. But, I notice it now! Is this good or bad?

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Disconnect the negative side of the battery and leave it for about 1/2 hour, then reconnect it and see if the issue goes away. I have no idea what the problem is but often such gremlin activity is cured with a reset of the electrical system on a modern car. It is easy and free to do, may not help, but hey, you never know. Let us know.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Disconnect the negative side of the battery and leave it for about 1/2 hour, then reconnect it and see if the issue goes away. I have no idea what the problem is but often such gremlin activity is cured with a reset of the electrical system on a modern car. It is easy and free to do, may not help, but hey, you never know. Let us know.
A side question to that... How long does the computer remember the Trip A and Trip B information? Does it get cleared out, or is it written to non-volatile memory every shutdown?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts