Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about installing a lock box under the driver seat to secure laptop, camera, and other expensive devices. There are plenty of options online, but most seem way overpriced for what is essentially a tin box.

I was wondering if anyone had done a mod like this and if they had some suggestions about particular lock boxes.

·
Premium Member
8,812 Posts
I looked at small document safes and decided the space under the drink holders in the middle works for that, but won’t hold a computer. In the end no safe, yet.

·
Registered
468 Posts
My goal is to put a secure door on the over head storage with a lock (I have a high top), and on the inside a small safe for my carry gun and other personal items. so it will be double locked in case of a break in. Just haven't figured out how I'm going to build it yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd considered this, but that area is already spoken for in my high top. Plus I like the fact that the area below the seat isn't readily visible and most thieves wouldn't consider this area. It's also easy to bolt something down.

My goal is to put a secure door on the over head storage with a lock (I have a high top), and on the inside a small safe for my carry gun and other personal items. so it will be double locked in case of a break in. Just haven't figured out how I'm going to build it yet.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,444 Posts
Here's where my secret hide out will be. First remove the cup holders four screws plus the white plastic bracket in back. I removed mine a while back for a place to move my right foot to while on cruise. But by removing the cup holders you now have space to stash two cans of your precious Columbian gold coffee and 15" laptop depending on how you build a new door. Here's some pic's of the space i'm still working on a cover. The cup holder on the floor is about where it should be
computer.jpg
hardbord front.jpg
two cans front.jpg
two cans side.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. I look forward to seeing how it comes out.

Here's where my secret hide out will be. First remove the cup holders four screws plus the white plastic bracket in back. I removed mine a while back for a place to move my right foot to while on cruise. But by removing the cup holders you now have space to stash two cans of your precious Columbian gold coffee and 15" laptop depending on how you build a new door. Here's some pic's of the space i'm still working on a cover. The cup holder on the floor is about where it should be
computer.jpg
hardbord front.jpg
two cans front.jpg
two cans side.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts