Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evidently I'm required to post here. I have a diesel promaster that I'm turning into a home but the transmission gave out at 56k miles and I need to figure out how to get the FCA to pay for the clutch that was worn because of the broken hydraulic unit. They'll pay for the hydraulic unit but not the $2000 freewheel or clutch. Have owned it less than 3 months and under 3000 miles of driving.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
What is the $2,000 paying for? It would help us to know what has happened in more detail. Generally the drivetrain part of a warrantee covers any component that normally comes in contact with lubricant. Clutches don’t, hydraulic actuators do. However if they need to remove the transmission and disassemble the clutch housing for their work you would be responsible for the clutch which is a wear part but I don’t know what the freewheel situation is or why it needs to be replaced. A clutch should be only a few hundred dollars but the work to get to it may be most of the rest. I doubt these are two different disassemblies to get to them as all modern clutch slave cylinders I have seen require removal of the transmission and then the clutch is handy and not a $2000 job. If they are pricing this as two separate jobs the cost makes sense but they are not separate so the combined job should be less for your part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts