Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does something like this exist? Trying to mount a few things in my PMC and not confident in my thread pitch gauge skills nor do I have one! I want to assume they're all metric? But maybe some of you know? Are any of the sizes funky?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, one is funky. I'm almost certain the top most rear seat belt bolt hole is 12mm, 1.25 pitch. I'll be attaching small oval L-track anchors there, over my DIY wall panel, and that seemed like a great height and solid anchor point. 12mm flat head bolts are too large for L-track, so I had to go with socket cap. And to get those in non-black, I went with stainless from ebay. They should be here within a month...

There are various other bolt holes. Some match with the bolts from the floor anchors, normal pitch (forgot the M#). There are others, like around the windows, that I have yet to deal with yet. Don't know if I'll need to yet for my conversion.

Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve. There's one bolt hole in particular that's driving me crazy. It's the larger one towards the top of the van near where the body meets the sliding door. Is that the one you're thinking of? I have the cargo model so no rear seat belts to give me a reference.

M8 bolts worked in the smaller holes (can't remember the thread pitch) but this big one has me stumped!

Here's a reference pic if anyone can help me out with this:

10M-1.5 bolt slid right through so I figured it must be a 12M but tried 12M 1.25, 1.5, and 1.75 and actually none seemed to do the trick. I'm thinking maybe it's a 10M with a different TP??? Planning on installing a D-bolt so I can support a fold down work desk I designed for my mini-camper (still a work in progress).

Anyone know what D-bolts like these are called?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
It's likely to be 7/16-20. That's the US DOT requirement for all seat belt bolts.

The D-ring bolt is probably a shoulder bolt with large head (obviously). Go to the dealership for those. They'll be tough to find anywhere else.

·
Registered
117 Posts
McMaster-Carr has a good selection of bolts online. If you can't find a suitable shoulder bolt. You could use bushings and flanged round head screws.

They also have screw, bolt, nut identifiershttps://www.mcmaster.com/#thread-identifiers/=153cvgl , The ones on a cable, half way down the page are useful to figure out what a captured nut threading is out in the field.

·
Registered
48 Posts
dbbldz, yes that is the bolt I was referring to. Bummer. So it isn't M12-1.25. Thought for sure it would be.

Hein, thanks for that. I'll try 7/16-20, and hopefully a flat-head version of that will fit my L-track ovals.

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been searching the forums to confirm the size of the bolts used for the cargo area tie downs. From what I've seen, the Promaster uses M8 x 1.25, but is this also the case for the PMC? I'd like to use longer bolts. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Take one out and bring it to one of those screw thread gizmos all hardware stores seem to have to check the size and thread then just buy longer ones.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Take one out and bring it to one of those screw thread gizmos all hardware stores seem to have to check the size and thread then just buy longer ones.
I tried that earlier today but one of the "screw identifiers" was too shallow to determine the correct size and the other ones were beat up from years of use. :( I was also thinking I could call my local dealer and talk to someone in parts. Not sure how successful I'll be.

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
You did try the metric one, of course? Try another store perhaps, don’t expect much help from the parts dept.. I usually just take one with me and match it up to a nut then get a longer bolt (if they have them) at least you will know the thread size from the nut.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts