Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
TSB's

Thanks Jostalli
I went to see my dealer today, concerning, my leaking rad.
I went prepared with a print out of all the TSB's, that you posted.
I was loaded for bear!
Got some service, rather quickly!
Everything from the shackle bushings to eliminating the seat belt buzzer.
May take a week or two.
As parts, here in western Canada are scarce.
But, it will get done.
Will let all know, when completed.
Fortunately, I am going away to another job site, for a few weeks and will not need the Promaster.
All in all, still in love with the van!
Mike from Banff

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Thanks Jostalli
I went to see my dealer today, concerning, my leaking rad.
I went prepared with a print out of all the TSB's, that you posted.
I was loaded for bear!
Got some service, rather quickly!
Everything from the shackle bushings to eliminating the seat belt buzzer.
May take a week or two.
As parts, here in western Canada are scarce.
But, it will get done.
Will let all know, when completed.
Fortunately, I am going away to another job site, for a few weeks and will not need the Promaster.
All in all, still in love with the van!
Mike from Banff
Yes it pays to come prepared. Even with the TSB's I had to fight for the new pads since my VIN was somehow not qualifying.

Since we are on the subject of service most all of us have now had their marker lights checked for leaking (they checked mine last service without me even asking). Well, SoCal has been getting record rains over the last few weeks so I had to check just to make sure and of course all front marker lights had a steady drip. If it happens to you take it to the dealer. They no longer seal them. They now have new light assemblies that go inside the hole. I don't have the part numbers in front of me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My brothers pm started making a shaking noise. He dropped off at dealer. This is what they did replaced cracked flex plate, replaced leaking radiator and oil sensor. Was impressed it only took three days.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My brothers pm started making a shaking noise. He dropped off at dealer. This is what they did replaced cracked flex plate, replaced leaking radiator and oil sensor. Was impressed it only took three days.
Another gas engine with bad flex plate! Makes me like my diesel PM more and more.. Keeping fingers crossed for many more problem free miles

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,341 Posts
Mpg display stuck bulletin 08-088-16

Someone was asking so here's the fix. Hope FCA doesn't mind a copy and paste of the Bulletin.
20161115-000000003b9bc629.pdf

·
Registered
6 Posts
2014 Diesel Promaster 26,000 miles as of 1/24/17
The list goes on and on as to what has been repaired or to be repaired:

Rear door latches replaced-warranty
Hill Assist sensor replaced--warranty
Drivers side headlight assembly replaced do to condensation. Also have replaced headlights multiple times on both sides.-- warranty
Rear license plate light burnt out multiple times..finally replaced wiring harness--warranty
Low brake fluid light comes on when braking on downhill slope. Dealer added brake fluid...can not locate leak. charged for brake fluid.
TPMS sensor replaced. waited 6 months for part.--warranty
Radio comes on randomly...(I never have the radio on due to work policy) The display is off at all times also...unless it comes on by itself.
Rear brake pads failed. Dealer said they were broken and rusty. no warranty dealer claims wear and tear.
Emergency brake locked up. Happened several times in below freezing temps. dealer ordered new e brake and cables. $545.00 plus labor...Also claimed wear and tear. Waited 1 month for parts. In the mean time I had to find a curb or place a wheel chuck every place I parked due to manual automatic trans. $1,400+ in repairs.
Front wheel drive----crappy tires from factory...1st winter, 1st snowfall replaced tires. New tires help but van still gets around like a snakes ass in a wheel rut.
Brakes squeak all the time. Have since the day i drove it off the lot.. No solution from dealer.
Leaking clearance lights. --warranty
The Promaster has been very disappointing...I have been driving service vans (Ford, Dodge, Chevy) for 20 years.. None of my former service vans have had as many issues as the Promaster. Thank you all for the post on the forums, at least when my van goes into the dealer for days at a time i get to drive a loaner mopar off the lot due to the Business Link. Had it not been for the post about Business Link i did not know it was available...either did my dealer..(That's another story)
I have seen others post about the emergency break lock up...did your dealer warranty this issue?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I can't open these as I used too but headlight failure has been a topic on the form.
08-106-17 2017-11-01 2014-2017 VF Premature Low Beam Headlamp Bulb Failure
And of course you need to get flashed by the man in the overcoat.
08-105-17 2017-10-30 2015-2017 VF Flash: Body Control Module (BCM) Diagnostic and System Improvements

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Blessing-
Don’t buy a new product in its first year and you will avoid these issues that many 2014’s had and the rest of us didn't have. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Blessing-
Don’t buy a new product in its first year and you will avoid these issues that many 2014’s had and the rest of us didn't have. Sorry.
The two I just listed the first one covers all years and the second one is for years 15-17 sorry, yours is included.

·
Registered
92 Posts
TSB for front vibration / wiggling?

Our 2016 gas van has been great, but over the last few thousand miles we've noted that the front tires seem to swim or wiggle at about 40 mph only. I have seen some other people report on this here and wondering if perhaps there has been a service bulletin about this or if it is just a wheel balance issue?

Also seems to be that a lot of people have the TPMS on a hair trigger? Ours goes off even when the tires are perfectly set at 65 front, 80 rear.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
MY 2020 AIR BAG
RC-W52-20 2020-06-26 2020 DT 2020 VF Safety Recall W52 - Side Air Bag Inflatable Curtain
New recall out for MY 2020, since my info comes faster than most dealers are willing to acknowledge check your VIN or wait for the mailing and make sure they have the parts on hand before dropping your van off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
KilWerBzz,
What is this 2020 side air bag recall you speak of? I have a 2020 and can't find any info. Is this really for 2020 PMs or am I reading your post wrong?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Wait for the mail to deliver it. I'm on a dumb phone and have no more info just came out 2020/06/26. I guess I should stop telling y'all what's in the pipline.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went to the Mopar recall site and plugged in my VIN. Nothing showed up. Guess it's so new it's not in their database yet.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I went to the Mopar recall site and plugged in my VIN. Nothing showed up. Guess it's so new it's not in their database yet.
It's not ready yet wait for the notification from FCA
Here's a summary of the recall for RC-W52-20 2020-06-26 2020 DT 2020 VF Safety Recall W52 - Side Air Bag Inflatable Curtain
A crimp may come undone in deployment of the air bag. Replace defective parts.
SERVICE ACTION
FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall to replace the SABIC assemblies in all affected vehicles. The remedy for this condition is not currently available. Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 3rd Quarter of 2020.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The cooling fan recall is ready as of 6/30/2020 will your dealer admit to knowing about it most likely not this soon. But it is available for the dealer to order. So check your vin and see if you get the fix. If I can see it so can your dealer.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
RC-W52-20 2020-06-26 2020 DT 2020 VF Safety Recall W52 - Side Air Bag Inflatable Curtain
The vins for this recall are live and searchable. The fix is NOT ready but you can look it up to see if you have to worry about it. Just passing on what I read.

·
Registered
2019 PM 1500 136" Low White Tow Nav Park
23 Posts

This overall website is decent for recall news. The site above had a link to what KilWerBzz was talking about. Also has Mopar recalls! This also was where I found the Dometic cfx3 issue. Again, not any kind of official agency site but a dirt-digging news site.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts