Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I feel it would be helpful if we post all TSB's and Recalls for the Ram Promaster. This way we can all have valid information when in discussions with our respective Ram dealership service managers. Please post valid TSB's and recalls only.

**TSB Number & Issue Date **TSB Title
CAN-P02 MAR 14 Canada - Recall - Accelerator Pedal Stop
CAN-P03 MAR 14 Canada - Recall - Rubber Brake Hoses Damaged During Assembly
P02 MAR 14 Recall - Accelerator Pedal Stop
P03 MAR 14 Recall - Rubber Brake Hoses Damaged During Assembly
18-034-14A JUL 14 Engine Controls - MIL ON, DTC P0520 Stored in Memory
08-055-14 JUL 14 Instruments - Oil Change Calculation Enhancement
08-044-14 MAY 14 Electrical - Install Fuse Puller in Vehicles Glove Box
18-027-14 APR 14 Engine Controls - System Improvements/Enhancements
08-034-14 MAR 14 Navigation, Audio - Navigation and Radio Unit Updates
22-002-14 FEB 14 Tires - Flat Spotting Identification, Prevention, Resolution
22-001-14 FEB 14 Wheels/Tires - Highway Speed Steering Wheel Vibration
08-086-13 OCT 13 Lighting - Exterior Lamp Condensation and Fogging
18-050-13 OCT 13 Engine Controls - MIL ON, DTC P0606 Set
25-006-13 DEC 13 Emissions - Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System Information
23-027-15 CHRYSLER 2014 RAM PRO MASTER: BULLETIN INFORMATION INVOLVES RATTLE
NOISE OF REAR DOOR WHICH REQUIRES REPLACING REAR DOOR CENTER
STRIKER IN ADDITION TO LOWER AND UPPER REAR DOOR LATCHES
07-006-15 Replace radiator & thermostat

·
Registered
892 Posts
Interesting. I had none of those problems. I did have the leaking radiator and the oil cooler failure though. And I seem to recall a TPMS recall or TSB that was done early on.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Is there a central database for Ram that we can see all the TSB's? And what build dates they affect?
And I dont know the TSB number, but I mentioned a possible TSB to my dealer about the squeaky spring bushings, and he looked it up... said yes... ordered new bushings, washers and bolts.
2 weeks later, replaced all and my squeaking was gone. No charge.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a central database for Ram that we can see all the TSB's? And what build dates they affect?
And I dont know the TSB number, but I mentioned a possible TSB to my dealer about the squeaky spring bushings, and he looked it up... said yes... ordered new bushings, washers and bolts.
2 weeks later, replaced all and my squeaking was gone. No charge.
This is precisely why I started this thread. We simply do not know the TSB's until someone goes in for service and has a fix performed. If we know there is a TSB for "squeaky spring bushings" then we can call in and schedule service based upon this knowledge.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looking for the squeaky brakes and leaking radiator TSBs if anyone knows them. Second trip and these items showed up along with a CEK for hill assist, this is the second time for the CEK but only at high altitudes

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking for the squeaky brakes and leaking radiator TSBs if anyone knows them. Second trip and these items showed up along with a CEK for hill assist, this is the second time for the CEK but only at high altitudes
Here is the one for radiator:
07-006-15 Replace radiator & thermostat

I'm still looking for the squeaky brakes TSB. Anybody know it?

·
Registered
810 Posts
As per outdoor van man....
brake squeal TSB
"
There is a service bulletin dated June 20th for
Subject: Front Brake Squeal #05-005-15 .
Parts required: #68230105AC : Pad Kit, Front Disc Brake, Includes Hardware. Repair Procedure: Replace the front brake pads and hardware with the NEW revised front brake pad kit. Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT under: Service info> 05-Brakes, Base> Hydraulic/Mechanical> PADS, Brake, Front>Removal/Installation
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty"

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thank you dcorvette what a great find! All the good people sharing their information is one of the things that make this forum so valuable.

·
Registered
101 Posts
TSB's

Thanks dcorvette.
These helpful points, may help all of us educate the service manager, that we have to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Thanks dcorvette.
These helpful points, may help all of us educate the service manager
That's what I just did on the phone, it may not get me new pads, but it felt good trowing a service bulletin and part numbers. :)

Thanks, guys.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
As per outdoor van man....
brake squeal TSB
"
There is a service bulletin dated June 20th for
Subject: Front Brake Squeal #05-005-15 .
Parts required: #68230105AC : Pad Kit, Front Disc Brake, Includes Hardware. Repair Procedure: Replace the front brake pads and hardware with the NEW revised front brake pad kit. Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT under: Service info> 05-Brakes, Base> Hydraulic/Mechanical> PADS, Brake, Front>Removal/Installation
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty"
I gave the information to my dealer, he ordered them, but it turned out that it was not the correct part number.

The correct one is:

http://www.factorymoparparts.net/oe-mopar/68269695ab

More on that brake squeal issue to come.

For the suspension bushing squeal, the service bulletin is 17-005-14

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings. First post, just looking around to see how Promaster reliablility is shaking out and saw this at the same time I saw another thread about the T&C transmissions, which are the same?

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/96609-2014-T-amp-C-Transmission/page2

Specifically a link to a T&C transmission TSB in this post:

"Just wanted to follow up on my transmissions issues. I took my vehicle in for an oil change at the end of October (roughly 29,000 kms) and mentioned the rough shifting and occasional "bang" from park into gear, and low and behold there was a new TSB (October 2015 - link) dealing with these specific issues.

I can report that after having the TSB applied (PCM update), the vehicle is now shifting beautifully, and even the ECO mode is usable. It's really a night-and-day difference. Only time will tell if the shift quality degrades, but for now at least I'm thrilled.

John"

Maybe it doesn't apply, no time really check but if it does, might help somebody with their PM.

Cheers,
Steve

1 - 20 of 38 Posts