Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Promaster Squad.

I just recently installed the Li-bim 225 isolator for my coach battery (100Ah LifePO4), and am not getting any charge unless I force connect the batteries via the momentary switch.The coach voltage is at 12.5V and the van (chassis) battery is at 13.9V... thus, I’m not sure why the isolator is not initiating charging. Has anyone else run into this problem? Solution?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Markwdaisy, im not exactly sure about this but most newer vehicles after like 2008 i think have smart alternators rather than fixed voltage alternaters..these alternators paired with standard isolators wont work effectively.(only charging to 80%ish charge for second battery...
The solution is to use a DC to DC smart charger...it will use the vehicles alternater to fully charge your second battery...its functions as an isolater as well so no worries about draining your starter battery accidently.

Redarc makes a nice one BCDC1225D DC to DC charger that should work for you..its a little pricy but its an isolater,charger and solar manager as well if you plan to eventually use solar to keep your battery topped off. its changes input from alternator to solar based on if the vehicle is running...no need to use relays.

they make a few sizes but if you only have one 100ah battery you would want to get this model size...it goes up to 200ah incase you plant to add another battery in the future....im sure there are other companies that make these and maybe cheaper but like I said im not a pro.

·
Super Moderator
8,678 Posts
I can’t see any reason for a typical conversion with solar needing a B to B charger (personally). I hardly ever charge from my battery and the few times I would, it’s hardly a big deal. Most here will disagree, of course, because like LiPo‘s B to B’s are the latest big fad and thus a must have item. 🙀

·
Registered
24 Posts
The reason would be to enable the OP to get a full charge on his second battery without bypassing his isolater....for some reason apparently hes having problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts